Tractor
    S350 and 335

Default 335 bogs down and tries to die intermittently?

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what could be causing my 2008 335 excavator to try to die intermittently. It only happens once the machine is warm and seems to happen more regularly when walking the machine, but it will also happen from time to time while digging. Have any of you run into something like this? Also the Hydraulic Tank is building pressure while running the machine is this normal or could I be getting air into the system somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
    Tristan

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: 335 bogs down and tries to die intermittently?

The pump on 335 has some torque limiting built into it that sense flow & pressure then will automatically destroke the pump (reduce flow) to maintain engine RPM under sudden high load changes, but will only destroke the pump so far, operator still has potential of overloading the engine. If the Torque Limiter is sticking you will notice loss of power. A torque limiter problem is usually not intermittent. Check to make sure HP loss in not due to partially plugged fuel filler or air filter.

Yes, the reservoir is pressurized. Will build to around 15 psi. under normal operation to provide pressurized feed to the hydraulic piston pump to avoid cavitation.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    S350 and 335

Default Re: 335 bogs down and tries to die intermittently?

Thanks SSdoxie,

It was definitely the fuel filter. I changed all the filters less than a year ago but the machine has been sitting for several months now, and I guess water in the fuel caused it to rust up. Seems to be back to normal now though.

Thanks again,
    Tristan