Leaking down the left rear tire

/ Leaking down the left rear tire
Ernie, thanks, got it.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #13  
For those reading this thread and wondering how to get the axles out you need to drain the oil in the chain box. Take the top cover off of the chain box. It's by your feet. Inside you'll see chains and sprockets. Loosen but do not remove the nut of the axle that you want to remove and then push the axle out with a small portable hydraulic cylinder between the two nuts.

Northern tool or Princess Auto has portable presses for sale. You also need to buy the real short cylinder. 1 5/8" stroke? roughly.

Once the axle is out, the hub needs to be pressed off so you can replace the bearing and the seal. Pressing the hub off is a job as it's a tapered fit. We used a torch and a large pulley puller.

If you replace with quality bearings then if you place all of the shims as you removed them the bearing clearances should be within specs.

pmsmechanic, great info. The chain box for the rear axle, the one I need to work on, is under the cab. Lifting the cab is necessary.

I spoke with my local Bobcat shop and it was suggested that I do both sides.

Any suggestions on bearing sources?

I'm guessing the seals are proprietary from Bobcat?

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #15  
pmsmechanic, great info. The chain box for the rear axle, the one I need to work on, is under the cab. Lifting the cab is necessary.

I spoke with my local Bobcat shop and it was suggested that I do both sides.

Any suggestions on bearing sources?

I'm guessing the seals are proprietary from Bobcat?

I did this job for my neighbour. He got the seal from Bobcat but I don't remember where the bearings came from.

I found this awesome site for parts. Wow so easy to navigate. Bobcat Genuine Parts Catalog – Official Bobcat Company site. There are three different seals that I could find. You need your serial number.

Looking at the parts diagram I would say you don't need to remove the hub.

Once you have the bearings out then there should be a number on the bearing and the cone. Use that number to google for parts if you have time to order them. If you want to get it back together quick then I would just go to a local bearing supply store. Here I can save about 50% on a bearing just by making a few phone calls. I would buy an SKF or similar brand name bearing. My local store asks me if I want a cheap bearing or a good brand name one. I make my decision based on the application.

Pmsmechanic, again, great info. Thanks for the help!!