How best to wash out the belly pan of a Bobcat S250

/ How best to wash out the belly pan of a Bobcat S250 #1  

Roscoe294

Bronze Member
Hello

I picked up a 2002 S250 and its in dire need of a bath. How does one go about power washing the bowels of this machine and getting the debris/dirt out of the belly pan? I ask this because the only machine I'm familiar with doing this on is my 94 JD 7775 and on that machine I remove the big service place from the underside rear and it provides plenty of access.
Anything I should know or tips before getting in there and power washing? Oh yeah, I know how to raise the cab already.....
Thanks

/ How best to wash out the belly pan of a Bobcat S250
Wow
near 100 views in 24 hours and no replies
Hard to believe no one has washed out a s250????

/ How best to wash out the belly pan of a Bobcat S250 #3  
I would imagine that you would want to do something like was suggested for this thread on cleaning out a T190:
http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/cleaning-out-belly-pan-area-bobcat-t-190.33757/#post-404504 said:
Here is what I do, pull the bobcat up on a hill, I have a nice slopped bay at the end of my building, open the cab up, pop open the back door, open all 4 access panels, put on rain suit with hood, saftey glasses and keep your mouth closed, jump up there and get to it, 2+ hours of washing and like they said you still wont get it all, but it does help a great deal to try to keep them clean. We wash & rinse the inside of our machines weekly. Really helps with repair times come! :drinkup

Aaron Z

/ How best to wash out the belly pan of a Bobcat S250
Thank you Aczian!

/ How best to wash out the belly pan of a Bobcat S250 #5  
I have a s-220. When I washed out my skid steer, I removed the two side access panels to scoop out a lot of dirt by hand. I also found a drain plug in the belly pan that I removed to help with drainage. To get a pressure washer wand into the engine bay, I of course had to raise the cab, next time I will try to improve access by raising the arms too.