Repowering Bobcat 630 with a Wisconsin VH4D

/ Repowering Bobcat 630 with a Wisconsin VH4D #1  

buschjb

Tractor
Bobcat 630
Hey folks...New to this forumn. Saturday morning and I just got my VH4D pulled out of my bobcat 630. The motor is getting real weak and I have decided to bite the bullet and try to put in a Vangaurd B&S 35 hp to replace the Wisconsin. Motor came out easy enough, however I am having trouble removing the bolts from the ujoint as well as removing the ujoint hub from the back of the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have read 100 times that Wisconsin has a tapered shaft. The vangaurd 35hp also has a tapered shaft. Is there any conversion on this. Has anyone had an adapter built to marry these two together. I have also read of alot of work on the 743 but can't find anyone who has upgraded the 630. Thoughts?
20180324_112650.jpg

/ Repowering Bobcat 630 with a Wisconsin VH4D #2  
Are both gas engines? The original isn't diesel? If you are going diesel to gas you are going to have a heck of a time cause you're not going to get the needed power without a bigger engine, just my$.02, of course I'm not familiar with that bobcat, only been around the big boy bobcats never seen one in the 600s