Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #1  

911ram

Hi all to make a long story short I wanted to get a tractor but now I have decided to get a skid steer. I will be trying each out this weekend (s205 242b) My questions are what do you think is the best? (not looking for war ) as I have been reading as much as I can on this site. The bobcat dealer seems real nice and the cat dealer is rude and cost 3500.00 more, The Bobcat gave me a quote of 30,000 with cab Heat and ac counterweight, deluxe instrument panel, suspension seat, 68" low pro bucket, bolt on cutting edge. the cat dealer did not give a quote but said his is better and it will cost 10% more. I thought with the money saved on the bobcat I could buy a trailer,

Sorry this is long just wanted some opinions thanks for any advise

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #2  
When it comes to those two machines, it's pretty much a matter of personal preference. Honestly, I think a 40.6" wheelbase on a 2,000+ ROC machine is skimping it a LOT, but perhaps you need the added manuverability the S205 offers.

If you are a newer operator, you may appreciate the Cat's pilot controls more than the Bobcat's controls.

Remember that perhaps the biggest factor in the purchase you have already mentioned: the dealer needs to want to help you. If not, are you sure you want to give them 30k+?

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The bobcat dealer seems real nice and the cat dealer is rude )</font>

That would finish the thought process as to which dealer I was going to hand 30K to right there. It would then be a matter of deciding where in the lineup I wanted to buy.

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #4  
Also consider breakout force

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #5  
Both are very good machines! However, with Bobcat being the market leader, $3500 cheaper and a better dealer experience, you will not go wrong purchasing the Bobcat. In addition, if you should want your tractor some day, the Bobcat has the best resale of any skidloader made.

Good luck with your purchase!

OrangeGuy

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #6  
The best way is to try them both. Most dealers around here have demo programs for serious buyers, they usually give you 5 hours free rental time. After a few hours of operation you can make a educated decision on which machine fits your needs the most.

I just traded my Gehl for a CAT, after trying one I realized that the much better powerband, hydraulics, and visability would cut hours off the job.

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer
Well I purchased the cat 242B and I got a dewalt 4 pc kit (18 volt) and got a good price with the high flow so it turned out to be the best deal and i like it the best,

Thanks for the info

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #8  
Congratulations! Post pics if you have them /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Enjoy the machine.

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer
How do I post picts?

/ Bobcat vrs Cat skid steer #10  
When you click "reply," right next to the red font color (below the text box), there is the link for Image. All you do is paste the URL of the image. This means you need to host the image, which some members might have some ideas for. I use my university's hosting, so if you want, feel free to email the images to me and I'll host them.