CT225

/ CT225 #1  

qed-cat225

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Bobcat CT235
How can the CT225 be 27HP and the Kioti CK25HSD be 25HP, why is the Kubota engine in the CT225 not labeled as a Kubota?

/ CT225 #2  
The 25 is a 1300 CC engine.
The 27 is a 1390 CC engine. This will be in the new Kioti CK27
The 30 is a 1400 CC engine.
The reason the engine isn't labeled Kubota is because it isn't a Kubota engine.
It's a Kioti engine IE Daedong made in South Korea.

BTI

/ CT225
here is what my bobcat dealer told me, is this accurate?

"I can explain the engine to you. For a long time, Bobcat was owned by Ingersol/Rand, I'm sure you knew that. Last fall Bobcat was purchased from IR by a company called Dae Dong, a South Korean heavy industry company, Doosan is another brand they produce. They make diesel forklifts, tractors, motors, and etc. Doosan is licensed to produce Kubota engines, but they did not receive licensing to produce the Kubota for the Bobcat tractor for whatever reason. (The tractor has been in the works for over 3 years, being developed long before Dae Dong bought Bobcat.)

So, long story short, the motor in the tractors is a Kubota 3-cylinder diesel without the Kubota name on it. Sorry to write a novel on it.
"
When is the Kioti 27 coming?

/ CT225 #4  
msiewert96 said:
here is what my bobcat dealer told me, is this accurate?

"I can explain the engine to you. For a long time, Bobcat was owned by Ingersol/Rand, I'm sure you knew that. Last fall Bobcat was purchased from IR by a company called Dae Dong, a South Korean heavy industry company, Doosan is another brand they produce. They make diesel forklifts, tractors, motors, and etc. Doosan is licensed to produce Kubota engines, but they did not receive licensing to produce the Kubota for the Bobcat tractor for whatever reason. (The tractor has been in the works for over 3 years, being developed long before Dae Dong bought Bobcat.)

So, long story short, the motor in the tractors is a Kubota 3-cylinder diesel without the Kubota name on it. Sorry to write a novel on it.
"
When is the Kioti 27 coming?

I think this was all discussed in the Kioti forum . . .

/ CT225 #5  
Cool....We own Bob Cat now!

Sorry msiewert96 I had to do it...

Tell the sales rep to read up a little more on what he is trying to sell so he doesn't look like a fool in the public eye.

Also the tractor hasn't been in the works for 3 years it has been in the fields longer than that...They were just painted a pretty orange color and some call them KIOTI.
Hope that helps you.

/ CT225
on the hydro do you have to clutch to go between forward and reverse?

/ CT225 #7  
msiewert96 said:
on the hydro do you have to clutch to go between forward and reverse?
No, that wouldn't be a hydro then. In fact there is no clutch on the Kioti/Bobcat hydros.

/ CT225 #8  
mark.r said:
No, that wouldn't be a hydro then. In fact there is no clutch on the Kioti/Bobcat hydros.
Hmmm.. if I step on the pedal on the left side of my Kioiti CK30, the one I have to press down so the beast will start... I don't go anywhere no matter what I do with the Hydro pedal. I figured that was a clutch pedal for the Hydro and the PTO.

/ CT225 #9  
IXLR8 said:
Hmmm.. if I step on the pedal on the left side of my Kioiti CK30, the one I have to press down so the beast will start... I don't go anywhere no matter what I do with the Hydro pedal. I figured that was a clutch pedal for the Hydro and the PTO.

My mistake, the DK's have no clutch pedal. I assume the CK's do? My old Ford 1220 hydro did have a clutch pedal that had to be pushed to start the tractor and pto so assume that is how the CK's are too.

/ CT225 #10  
mark.r said:
My mistake, the DK's have no clutch pedal. I assume the CK's do? My old Ford 1220 hydro did have a clutch pedal that had to be pushed to start the tractor and pto so assume that is how the CK's are too.

I owned a Ford 1220 HST(hydro) before I purchased a Kioti CK30 HST. Both tractors are set up the same, with a clutch pedal on the left. ....Except the Ford 1220 had a 2 range HST like the Kioti CK20 HST while the Kioti CK30 HST has a 3 range HST.

Don