Leaning on a CT122

/ Leaning on a CT122 #1  

wolflaker

Greetings,
I am new to the site and glad I found you. I have eleven acres of rolling hills and 600 plus feet of lakefront. Knowing nothing about tractors you have been a great school. So far the only one to bring out a test drive tractor has been my local Bobcat dealer. The sales rep has been very helpful, whereas the reps from other big makes said it was not worth their time to bring a tractor out for a test drive. There are no Kioti dealers in SW Michigan.

I did note that the CT120 stalled out when turning with the rear mower going. The rep suggested the CT122 with a little higher horsepower. Does anyone have pricing on the new Bobcat CT line? With the terrain should I consider a 225 or bigger, or is the 120 really enough? Or should I consider another make?

I did learn I should go with a FEL and some type of rear end mower, i.e. rough cut, finishing, or brush mower. Suggestions for versatility?

I must comment that I was disappointed with quite a number of responses I received from the dealers - my purchase was considered not large enough to warrant spending much time on. In addition, I was surprised that I could not find, nor would anyone provide me invoice prices, or any kind of written pricing guide. The Bobcat is currently offering a $1000 rebate but with no invoice price, I cannot even tell if they are really including the rebate in the price they quoted me.

Any suggestions, tips, comments would be greatly appreciated.

/ Leaning on a CT122 #2  
first off welcome to TBN.

for what you are describing, it might be a good idea to opt for a larger machine, i currently maintain ~10 acres and would not trade my ck 35 hst (ct235) for anything smaller. when ever i find my self moving a large tree or brush-hogging i really like the size and versatility of the 35.
the ck20s ( CT122) is still a very capable machine and you might want to come over to the kioti forum if you want some more info to help with your decision.

anyway from what you said in your post it seems like you have a decent dealer and that is usually the factor that can make or break a deal.

Here is a thread with some info and pricing for some bobcat models : http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/108282-just-ordered-my-new-bobcat-3.html?highlight=bobcat+pricing

/ Leaning on a CT122 #3  
What I have found is that some dealers in the past have been burnt by people trying machines just to get work done with no plans to buy. Contractors will do that with expensive excavators for a months demonstration,get different machine every month from different dealers until job is done. If you showed up at dealer,they might have a location where you can try out machines. Of course, dealers in my area could be closer then yours.Worse case is you might have to rent one to see if it works for you. plowking

/ Leaning on a CT122
I did find a Kioto store near Chicago in Indiana. The dealer had about twelve CK's from 20's to the 35. He told me about the free FEL on a CK35Hst with a quote of $15,750. It's a heck of a machine, is Bobcat gonna make a similar offer? Problem for me I started a twelve grand for a tractor now I'm considering 16K. Are there owners of CK122/120's content with their machines on ten plus acres?

/ Leaning on a CT122 #5  
As new as the BobCat CT122's are, I suspect you won't get may responses on this forum. As others have said... wander over to the Kioti forum and check out what folks there have to say about their CK20/CK20S. My guess is you will find that the CT122/CK20S will do the 10 acres... but you would be happier with a CT230 or CT235, aka CK30 or CK35. I personally found the operators station in the CT122/CK20 to be a little cramped and I am very glad I have the 3 speed HST in my 30 rather than the 2 speed HST that comes in the 20's.

/ Leaning on a CT122 #6  
I have the CT225, if you plan on doing a lot of brush hogging up hills, I suggest the 225 at a minimum, even mine struggles on some of the hills in mid hydro setting, I guess the low range would have no problem at all.

/ Leaning on a CT122 #7  
wolflaker said:
Greetings,
I am new to the site and glad I found you. I have eleven acres of rolling hills and 600 plus feet of lakefront. Knowing nothing about tractors you have been a great school. So far the only one to bring out a test drive tractor has been my local Bobcat dealer. The sales rep has been very helpful, whereas the reps from other big makes said it was not worth their time to bring a tractor out for a test drive. There are no Kioti dealers in SW Michigan.

I did note that the CT120 stalled out when turning with the rear mower going. The rep suggested the CT122 with a little higher horsepower. Does anyone have pricing on the new Bobcat CT line? With the terrain should I consider a 225 or bigger, or is the 120 really enough? Or should I consider another make?

I did learn I should go with a FEL and some type of rear end mower, i.e. rough cut, finishing, or brush mower. Suggestions for versatility

I must comment that I was disappointed with quite a number of responses I received from the dealers - my purchase was considered not large enough to warrant spending much time on. In addition, I was surprised that I could not find, nor would anyone provide me invoice prices, or any kind of written pricing guide. The Bobcat is currently offering a $1000 rebate but with no invoice price, I cannot even tell if they are really including the rebate in the price they quoted me.

Any suggestions, tips, comments would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE
=================

Hi Wolflaker,

You have an excellent Kioti dealer located near Lansing. I live in the U.P. and he brought a CK20S (22 H.P.) right to my door. I ordered a backhoe and FEL and snowblower. His handle on this forum is "MichiganIron" and he is from Michigan Iron & Equipment, Morrice, Mi (Telephone # 517 625 4590)
I recently turned 167 hours on my CK20 and love it. He has been a very attentive dealer and comes highly recommended right on this board.

Good luck and I hope you find what you need. Give Bob a call or email him through this forum. He spent a great deal of time in touch with me as I contemplated what tractor I would buy.

rimshot

/ Leaning on a CT122 #8  
wolflaker said:
Greetings,
I am new to the site and glad I found you. I have eleven acres of rolling hills and 600 plus feet of lakefront. Knowing nothing about tractors you have been a great school. .

I owned a CK20 HST which is the same as the CT120 and used it to clear and maintain about 4-5 acres. I thought it was fine for that size property and my only real complaints were related to the fact that it has two speed rather than a more flexible three speed HST.

That said, if I were aiming to mow and maintain 8-10 acres I'd look at the 30-35hp machines. That will allow you to move up a foot in size on the bush hog and finish mower. It also gets you the three speed hydro.

I doubt Bobcat has any deals like the CK35 free loader promotion as the loaders on the Bobcat versions are from a different manufacturer for starters. Additionally, Bobcat and Kioti really compete more with Kubota and the other CUT manufacturers than with each other so are unlikely to match deals.

/ Leaning on a CT122 #9  
seen a price yet on ct 235 thanks

/ Leaning on a CT122
Still waiting for a call. I asked the salesman back around July 23rd for a price on the CT225, 230, or 235 with FEL. He said he would get back to me.....nothing yet.