CT235 V Kioti CK35

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #1  

vtfx4

Bronze Member
Tractor
looking
I am looking seriously at the CT235. Appears to be identical to CK35 and I know it is a rebadge Kioti. The ground clearance is listed at 9.9 for Bobcat and nearly 14 for the Kioti. Are they measuring differently or what? I think clearance will be an issue getting firewood in my woods, which are very rough but pretty flat.

I also have questions about weight, Bobcat using "operating weight" as opposed to shipping weight other companies use, and it comes out a good 600 lbs more that comparable Kubota's and MF's. Are they measuring that differenlty too.

I really don't want to step up to a 335 as it will cost about 3 grand more and I don't think I need a tractor size. I am going to check them out tomorrow, but any info would be helpful.

Ken

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #2  
Wonder if the difference in ground clearance is R1 tire vs. R4 tire? :confused: Do they have the same tires?

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #3  
I am looking seriously at the CT235. Appears to be identical to CK35 and I know it is a rebadge Kioti. The ground clearance is listed at 9.9 for Bobcat and nearly 14 for the Kioti. Are they measuring differently or what? I think clearance will be an issue getting firewood in my woods, which are very rough but pretty flat.

I also have questions about weight, Bobcat using "operating weight" as opposed to shipping weight other companies use, and it comes out a good 600 lbs more that comparable Kubota's and MF's. Are they measuring that differenlty too.

You hit on a couple of the minor gripes I have w/ Kioti. The naked weight of
the CK30/35 is anywhere from 3058# to about 3300#, depending on where you read their spec. Buying a tractor based on weight is more important
than buying one based on hp, IMO. The Kubotas and MFs you are comparing
to are not truly comparable if there is 600# diff. The CK35 compares with
the Kubota L3240.

Underside clearance is one thing, but underside vulnerability is very high
with the CK....take a look at that long hyd filter than often gets bashed.
The Kubota and the Kioti DK35 have much less vulnerable undersides.

Finally, the Kioti and Kubota both have very good hyd implement pump flow
at about 8.3 GPM. To find out what Kioti's is, you have to dig thru the
service manual.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
Thanks everyone. So what I took from dfkrug is that the DK, Massy and Kubota are better rigs than the CK35. The local dealer has quoted Bobcat CT235 (CK35) with hydro and bucket for $12,675, and the CT 335 (DK35) hydro and bucket for $14,942. Both are with my own financing with makes the 235 a little over $15k and the 335 around $18K. The Massey Dealer wants 17,500 for the MF 1529 at 0% for 72 months and the Kubota L2800 was around $20 with 0% for 48.

I guess my question is will I be happy with the CT235 (CK35). For that price it is pretty hard to pass up. I have a lot of stone walls to rebuild, maybe use my neigbors BH to pull out some stumps, I also need to pull up small trees from my back land to plant out front, and I have some weeded areas that will become grass. I will also be getting firewood yearly through rough woods, plowing the 200 foot drive in the winter and grading seasonally. Then when I am done, who knows.

Thanks,
Ken

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #5  
The dealer near me here in Wisconsin is advertising the ct235 hydro with loader and bucket for $13,900 cash price.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35
That's what I'm saying. The price is right. I just whonder if I will need the large Kioti DK frame. especially for the clearance. It sounds like the smaller CK has that hydro filter that gets smashed up.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #7  
So what I took from dfkrug is that the DK, Massy and Kubota are better rigs than the CK35. The local dealer has quoted Bobcat CT235 (CK35) with hydro and bucket for $12,675, and the CT 335 (DK35) hydro and bucket for $14,942.

Both prices are stunningly low. I do not know the Fergie and the Kubota
L2800 is way less tractor vs. these 2 Kiotis. You had better grab one of
those fine machines before the dealer is out of biz!

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #8  
Ask the dealer about putting a skid shield under the CT235 to protect the filters. I know that this has been done by other dealers for their customers.

Not sure if you could live with gear, or even if available in the Bobcat. But, if so, that eliminates one of the filters. I have a CK gear, and while the filter is slightly exposed (bottom 2"), it would seem it would take a great deal of bad luck with something pretty tall to smash it up. So far I haven't damaged it.

Ground clearance of my CK is closer to the 14". The front tierods are the lowest part and I've bent one working in rocks. On newer models, Kioti has beefed up the tierods a bit.

The 335 has some nice features. But, it's a lot longer than the 235. If you have the room to maneuver it, and it fits your budget, then I'd go that way.

Something might not be right with the Bobcat specs. The list the CT122 has having more ground clearance than the CT235. I don't believe so.

Last edited:
   / CT235 V Kioti CK35
I don't the dealer is going out of biz. It's a big dealer for Vermont Standards and they have been selling Kioti since '92. The prices are standard Bobcat prices for right now. Free loader and a huge discount for cash or own financing.

I checked them out today. the 235 is the right size, but I really don't like the look of that filter. I think I could rig up a skid bar at my neighbors gargage. Looks like you make something to connect to the front back hoe mount and then on back to the rear pretty easily. The 335 has a much bigger bucket that would be perfect for stone wall work. The 235 looks a little too small for that, so I would need to get a set of forks for another $400. I don't what I am getting yet, but whatever it is it will be delivered this week.

/ CT235 V Kioti CK35 #10  
From what I know, there is not much difference between the CK and DK 35's. The DK is a little larger and heavier, but there is not much difference in loader capabilities. If you step up to the DK40, then you about double the loader capabilities. My CK30 has about 355 hrs on it, never hit the filters, almost took out the HST filter putting on the backhoe... but that was my fault. With the BH on, it's frame pretty much protects the filter. How do the loader specs compare between the CT235 and the CK35? If you are going to be doing lots of lifting that might be important. Folks that have talked to the manufacturer of the loader for the CT have listed their specs lower than Kioti's.