Am I crazy? Time for a new tractor

/ Am I crazy? Time for a new tractor #1  

unclesalty

Bronze Member
Tractor
09 ct-225 w/loader
Hello all, I currently have a deere 4100 gear tractor w/fel. New in 2000 It has 410 hours. Its used for mucking out stalls and bush hogging the back 2 acres. I was looking at getting a new tractor because of the hydro. We just had to bury a horse and my neighbor came over with his kubota b7800 and dug the hole with his fel. Because of the hydro drive it was a fairly easy job, I could never have done it with my gear drive.After a test drive I liked it a lot. Ive finally got the 5 acres chopped down to give up the bush hog for a flail of finish mower. I'm mowing most of the acerage w/ a rider now. I looked at new kubotas, a 2620 was quoted at 14,400. The bobcat ct25 w/basic option pkg and fel is 10,700. Wow.
The deere and kubota dealers are 15 miles away and the cat dealer is 53 miles away. He's new to the tractor line and is pretty clueless. I'm waiting for the dealer to get the tractor on his lot to test drive.
I havn't had any problems with the deere, Its been a great tractor but after trying the hydro I'm hooked. I'm trading for the hydro and the live pto for mowing It'l cost me about 3 grand and I actually have the wifes blessing. am I crazy?

/ Am I crazy? Time for a new tractor #2  
Crazy! I don't think so! The deals on the Bobcat tractors are crazy cheap right now compared with New Holland, Deere, Kubota and even Kioti. Believe me I just went through all the quoting process and Bobcat by far were less expensive. I've seen similar HP tractors sell used for about the same price as I purchased my Bobcat and they were USED with many more hours on them. You can sell your 4100 and for little more out of pocket get what you need and purchase a Bobcat that has hydro. Around here gear tractors sell for much less than hydro but nevertheless you'll get decent money to put down on the Bobcat.

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:
   / Am I crazy? Time for a new tractor #3  
The only Crazy point here is; You haven't gotten the Bota yet. I favor Bota after many test drives and for you and me they are closer in case of need.

/ Am I crazy? Time for a new tractor #4  
The only Crazy point here is; You haven't gotten the Bota yet. I favor Bota after many test drives and for you and me they are closer in case of need.

The Kubota is almost 4 thousand more than the Bobcat/Kioti and the Bobcat has a stronger loader and all the other features of the Kubota. What is crazy is how anyone would buy a Kubota while Bobcat has these prices/giveaways. I'm a Kioti fan but I'd buy the Bobcat version if I was buying today given these rebates and free loaders. Nothing can touch them for value right now.

/ Am I crazy? Time for a new tractor #5  
I just brought my 440 home today, yes the dealers are kind of clueless. Mine admitted that my purchase was the first trator he had ever sold. However they have some screeming deals going on right now. If it not to big you could go with the 335. Out here in Washington to get things going Bobcat was listing the 335s at the same price as the 235s. I just about bought one but I needed the heavier lifting capacity and rear PTO of the 440 for my Bearcat Chipper. Bobcat has a strong service background, you will get the best price, and the same high quality service that the JD dealerships offer. If prices stay the way they are with the economy being down I will also lookat getting skid steer. One advantage of the Bobcat compacts is that if you buy the quick tach FEL you can always use many of your skid steer implements on your tractor.