CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what?

/ CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what? #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
I have really had my eye on a new Kioti DK35seHST with FEL for $17k. Now I read on TBN that Bobcat CT335 is the same (or at least very similar) machine. After looking it seems to me that the Bobcat CT335 is closer to the Kioti CK model than it is to the Kioti DK model. Then again yesterday I ran across a 2007 Kubota L3830 with 50 hrs for $18k, hmmmm. Anyone care to comment, critisize or enlighten me as to how these machines campare to each other? Sometimes you will never get the answer if you do not ask the question.

/ CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what? #2  
I am 99% sure the CT335 is the bobcat version of the DK35se HST. The CT2XX series are the rebadged CKs. There are some amazing deals on the bobcats right now, if I were to buy in this market, I would probably go the bobcat route just because of the price difference. I don't really know what kind of deal that l3830 is, maybe a Kubota guy could chime in on that, but for me having a new tractor with a warranty is a nice feeling.

Happy shopping!

/ CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what? #3  
I would say either tractor is a good choice, check with both dealers and see which one you like better, price, service, parts and location. With my limited experience with my tractor and dealer I am very pleased with Bobcat.

/ CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what?
Today the regional Bobcat rep came by towing a 50 hp model so I could drool while we talked. Now that I have seen at least the 50hp model, it would seem that the CT335 and up are the same a Kioti "DK" models.

I found it interesting that Bobcat has a completly different marketing approach. They quote the base tractor and start adding on equipment as options that were standard on the Kioti. After all was done, the price was within $800 of being the same. I wonder where all the "great deals" I read about on TBN are. Are these "deals" including all the optional equipment?

In the Bobcat arena, one can purchase a FEL, but you are then asked if you wish to have a bucket on that loader. By the way, did you need a control valve? I am surprised the seat wasn't optional.

/ CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what? #5  
Today the regional Bobcat rep came by towing a 50 hp model so I could drool while we talked. Now that I have seen at least the 50hp model, it would seem that the CT335 and up are the same a Kioti "DK" models.

I found it interesting that Bobcat has a completly different marketing approach. They quote the base tractor and start adding on equipment as options that were standard on the Kioti. After all was done, the price was within $800 of being the same. I wonder where all the "great deals" I read about on TBN are. Are these "deals" including all the optional equipment?

In the Bobcat arena, one can purchase a FEL, but you are then asked if you wish to have a bucket on that loader. By the way, did you need a control valve? I am surprised the seat wasn't optional.

The free loader deal includes the bucket. Actually, for roughly $500.oo you can get a bobtach version. The salesman should be quoting you a standard option package that would include a control valve.

We do option out about everything. There exist a surprising amount of customers that will never use rear hydraulics, or put on a front loader for example, so we option the control valve and hyd kit, so those folks don't need to pay for what they will never use.

Within $800 of Kioti? You may want to re-quote.

I made the choice today and purchased a Bobcat CT335 with 8TL FEL with 66" bucket, 2-rear hyd. remotes, 1-front hyd. remote for grapple, turf tires/rims and industrial tires/rims for $16.5k The Kioti DK35seHST was $17k with FEL, 1-rear hyd. remote and no front hyd. remote and only turf tires.

Thanks to all responders at TBN, you all contributed greatly.

/ CT335 vs Kioti CK or DK, what is what? #7  
I made the choice today and purchased a Bobcat CT335 with 8TL FEL with 66" bucket, 2-rear hyd. remotes, 1-front hyd. remote for grapple, turf tires/rims and industrial tires/rims for $16.5k The Kioti DK35seHST was $17k with FEL, 1-rear hyd. remote and no front hyd. remote and only turf tires.

Thanks to all responders at TBN, you all contributed greatly.

Congrats! Don't forget to post some pics!

To answer my own question in my original post, the Bobcat CT335 is the Kioti DK35seHST. Diferent paint and options, but the same machine. The CK is a lesser priced machine with slightly lesser capabilities intended for a lesser budget. Thats what it seems to me now that I have had the chance to look at and test all of these machines.