Bobcat tractors going out of business ???

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #1  

gregpro50

A am shopping for a compact tractor and I have it down between two. A Kioti and a Bobcat which seem both almost identical CK20S HST and CT122.

The Bobcat is actually quite a bit less money. The Kioti dealer is telling me that Bobcat is going to stop selling tractors at the end of this year and they are selling them cheap to get rid of them. Is this guy BS'ing me?

From my research Bobcat is basically a Kioti anyway. I have to think if they were going to stop selling the tractors under the Bobcat name then they would still be able to be serviced.

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #2  
My first thought is that the Kioti dealer should be put in "Time Out" telling a story.

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ???
My first thought is that the Kioti dealer should be put in "Time Out" telling a story.

My thought as well. The Bobcat is $1639 less for a almost identical machine. The Kioti dealer is telling me that Kioti corporate is going to be dropping Bobcat because of some dispute and that is why the Bobcat price is so much lower because they are just trying to get rid of what they have in inventory.

I was just wondering if anyone heard anything similar. I would have to assume that even if this did happen that Bobcat would still be able to warranty and service them.

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #4  
My thought as well. The Bobcat is $1639 less for a almost identical machine. The Kioti dealer is telling me that Kioti corporate is going to be dropping Bobcat because of some dispute and that is why the Bobcat price is so much lower because they are just trying to get rid of what they have in inventory.
Kioti has nothing to do with Bobcat, they both have contracts with Daedong who makes the tractor. Kioti cannot just decide to drop Bobcat. That dealer just can't compete with their pricing.

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ???
What he told me is that Bobcat was under contract with Daedong to buy a certain number of engines or tractors or something. Bobcat wasn't able to do this and Daedong was going to drop them. Thus putting Bobcat out of the tractor market since they make the tractors for them. Bobcat knows this and is now under-selling the tractors to try to get rid of them. I've smelled BS before and this smells similar.

If anyone wants to call the Kioti dealer to try to confirm this their number is 1-866-352-9255

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #6  
Hey, after the second wave of the banking crisis hits later this year; they'll all be on the verge of "out of business". Simply buy the cheapest, quality tractor you can find, and don't let these salesman pull that crap.

I've talked to so many of these hash slingers, I could bout puke. They all bad mouth the other tractor. I've even seen one Kubota salesman badmouth the GST model Kubota; because I told him the other Kubota dealer I was talking to was wanting to cut me a deal on a GST.

That hash slinger had the gaul to tell me he did'nt keep GST's, because nobody wanted'em. Started spouting that crap about resale value. I'm sure you've all heard a Kubota salemen spout that resale value crap, of their tractors over other makers. Well he was actually badmouthing the Kubota he did'nt have on hand. Needless to say, I'm now looking at Kioti or Bobcat. I don't have to eat their hash!

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #7  
A am shopping for a compact tractor and I have it down between two. A Kioti and a Bobcat which seem both almost identical CK20S HST and CT122.

The Bobcat is actually quite a bit less money. The Kioti dealer is telling me that Bobcat is going to stop selling tractors at the end of this year and they are selling them cheap to get rid of them. Is this guy BS'ing me?

From my research Bobcat is basically a Kioti anyway. I have to think if they were going to stop selling the tractors under the Bobcat name then they would still be able to be serviced.
They just started making bobcats.

Wouldn't think Bob cat would be going out of business allready!:)

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #8  
I just read a quarter page ad from BOBCAT in a tractor magazine I get wanting more TRACTOR dealers in all areas. I don't think they would want more dealers if they're folding.

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #9  
hope they stay around I really like my new 225

/ Bobcat tractors going out of business ??? #10  
In my area, there are a lot more Bobcat dealers than Kioti dealers. One may think Bobcat may sell more than Kioti due to bigger network. However, many Bobcat dealers also sell another CUT line. In my region many dealers have been selling Kubotas for years. I know my local dealer has no Bobcat tractors and doesn't plan to carry them on the lot. This probably holds true for many Bobcat dealers. I don't think Bobcat can force them to sell their line of tractors.

I will admit, many TBNers had made comments on the great price of the Bobcat tractors. Maybe corporate is trying to entice dealers to carry them in stock and sell them rather than the dealers current line with Bobcat's low financing and pricing.