Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bobcat tractors going out of business ???

Well I bought it anyway. The front end loader is on backorder but I took the tractor anyway so I can mow with it. I bought a Land Pride 60" finish mower that works great. Much better cut than my old Home Depot Deere. I even got it dirty already.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Nice! So how do you like it so far?
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

I really can't complain about anything. I've got about 14hrs on it so far. I can mow my lawn in about half the time I used to. I also can't believe what little fuel it uses. It is very easy to use and comfortable. I plan on using it to clear snow from my driveway in the winter as well.

I researched finish mowers and Land Pride is the one that came up with good reviews over and over so I bought that. It mows great and the construction actually borderlines on overbuilt. With maintenance I can see it lasting forever. It makes my field look like a golf course, except for the barn which I hate weedwhacking around.

So far a bunch of people driving by have stopped to ask about it because they never knew Bobcat had these things.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Nice tractor and mower, congrats on the purchase. Mind me askin how much the mower was?

The mower was $1800 I believe. It was more expensive than alot of the other ones I priced but it seems to be much better. King Kutter would have been $1400.

King Kutter equipment is VERY light duty compared to the Bobcat implements.

Bobcat made a projection for their total sales for the year and ordered accordingly. Unfortunately the demand far outpaced their expectations and they sold through their entire years goal in the first 6 months. This has lead to the programs being changed and the lead times growing.

Tractor
    CT230

Talked with my Bobcat dealer last Friday and he told me that Bobcat was going to quit making tractors in in a year or year and a half. He told me that the Bobcat rep stated that the tractors were not selling well and could not compete in the tractor market. It's a shame. It is a quality piece of equipment.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Kioti dealer over in Maine also sells Branson CUTs. Whatever works I guess.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by lagwrider View Post
    Talked with my Bobcat dealer last Friday and he told me that Bobcat was going to quit making tractors in in a year or year and a half. He told me that the Bobcat rep stated that the tractors were not selling well and could not compete in the tractor market. It's a shame. It is a quality piece of equipment.
    Well see.. the thing is Bobcat never made any tractors. Bobcat had a marketing agreement with Daedong in South Korea. Daedong makes tractors under their own name worldwide, and in North America the Kioti name and Landini and the X series of McCormick tractors. So you can have your Daedong, in Orange, (Daedong/Kioti)or Blue (Landini) or red (McCormick) or White (Bobcat).. In 2012 Bobcat decided to not renew their relationship contract with Daedong, and whatever Daedong/Bobcat tractors are in the pipeline is how many will be sold. Good news is your CT230 has a Kioti relative-litter mate for you to get parts from, and also your Bobcat dealer will have parts for many years to come.

James K0UA
    James KØUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT445HST

Quote Originally Posted by wfodickinson View Post
    King Kutter equipment is VERY light duty compared to the Bobcat implements.
    I use my CT445 with a King Kutter Pro Flex Hitch 72" rotary cutter.

The KK cutter weighs 710lbs.

The same size rotary cutter from Bobcat weighs 613lbs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast