CT235 vs. Others

/ CT235 vs. Others #1  

chazzy

Bronze Member
I'm in the market to buy a 3000-lb wt category w/ 30+ hp tractor. I got quotes as following:
Kioti CT30 HST w/FEL = $16,800
Kioti CT35 HST w/ FEL = $19,000
TYM 353 Gear w/ FEL = 19,500

But now I am looking at BobCat because of their soon-ending $3500 rebate + 0% int or free FEL deal. I think CT235 is what I will be checking out tomorrow at the dealer.

Does anyone have any comment regarding CT235 vs other brand's 30~35 HP tractors such as pricing, performance & reliability? Primarilly I will be using the tractor to pull a 60" New Holland 918H flail mower to clear 5-acre field. I think I need 20+ hp PTO for that kind of job.

/ CT235 vs. Others #2  
Chazzy,
I Live real close to you in Bear Valley Springs...I have a CT225 and use it with a rough cut 60" mower to clear 5 acres of hills. I have no problems with power or reliability....I do have to use low range to mow steep hills but that works for me....I couldn't imagine you being disapointed in a CT235. I got mine from the Santa Maria dealer and they delivered it to me here, I was very happy with the deal and the dealer. Good Luck

Mark

/ CT235 vs. Others #3  
make sure you check the rebates closely with you dealer. I think it is 500 on the 235 right now and 3500 on the 230.

/ CT235 vs. Others
Chazzy,
I Live real close to you in Bear Valley Springs...I have a CT225 and use it with a rough cut 60" mower to clear 5 acres of hills. I have no problems with power or reliability....I do have to use low range to mow steep hills but that works for me....I couldn't imagine you being disapointed in a CT235. I got mine from the Santa Maria dealer and they delivered it to me here, I was very happy with the deal and the dealer. Good Luck

Mark

Thanks for letting me know about the Santa Maria dealer. I will check them out. Last week I visited the Berchold in Bakersfield and talked to the sales manager Chassitie but I don't have a good feeling about this dealer. They tried to sell me a CT230 at a full retail price (close to $20,000) until I told them about the rebate and a free FEL (or 0% int).

Is there any reason why you didn't get your tractor from Bakersfield area?

make sure you check the rebates closely with you dealer. I think it is 500 on the 235 right now and 3500 on the 230.

The rebate deadline just changed from 6/30 to 9/30. As you wrote the 3500 rebate applied to 230 only but I don't know if BC is now offering the same offer on others or not. If I can get the 3500 rebate on a 235, I would really want to get that instead of 230.

What I really want is the TYM 353 which has a slight bigger engine (6 more cid) and a 4-cyl Mitsu made diesel. But it costs more and there is no cash rebate...

/ CT235 vs. Others #5  
I worked with Mike and Greg in Santa Maria, Mike was very knowledgable about the Product/rebates/deals and Greg was awesome with his customer service. Greg delivered my tractor and spent over an hour with me going through the owners manual and tractor functions....It was a pleasure working with them.

/ CT235 vs. Others
I talked to Greg and he gave me the BEST among 4 different BC dealers I had inquired. I could not belive their $11,900 offer for a CT230 and a FEL, AND free delivery which would be 90+ miles. Also, he gave me quotes on some attachments and they were also lower than that of ANY other dealers. It looks like I will be seeing him real soon!

/ CT235 vs. Others #8  
I've dealt with Mike at the Santa Maria store numerous times for several purchases. I also ordered a CT235 from him on 6-12-09 with a 4 - 6 wk delivery estimate. Good thing I did. The $3500. rebate ended on 6-14-09. Last time I spoke with him he said the rebate was down to $500. Last time I checked the Kioti web site, they were offering free loaders and a $2000. rebate on some models. Mike and Greg are easy to deal with and they will try to match lower prices elsewhere.