CT230 Option prices

/ CT230 Option prices #1  

BigDave527

All,
Looking to step up to a tractor from a lawnmower. I have 11 acres of which 2 acres is finished lawn(I have a nice mower now) and the rest is fields or woods. The fields are pretty heavy brush and need a brush hog to maintain.

I've been reading the posts and it looks like it's still a good time to buy a Bobcat Compact Tractor. The CT230 with the $3500 rebate still in place seems the logical choice over the CT225 with just a $500 rebate now.

Hydraulics?
Anyone know if you need 1 or 2 for an Auger?
Is it that much more to get an extra hookup?
What's the cost of the augers?

Spayer - anyone know the cost?

Sunshade cost?

Thanks in advance
David

/ CT230 Option prices #2  
Big,

Your conclusions re 225 vs 230 are OTM and yes, it's still a good time - you'll not come close to current BC pricing on any comparable unit.

As far as rear remotes go, most attachments will only require 1 set (BC refers to it as "0-1"). For those that do require two, it's a fairly simple thing to add in the future but obviously more convenient to do now if you think you'll be needing it.
As to pricing, my best guess is that the BC "list" price is in the neighborhood of $425/set. I say "best guess" because I received quotes ranging from $210/1 to $875/2.
There is a kit available for add-on in the field, don't quote me but I think I remember it's in the $345 range/1.

If you haven't found out already, you will shortly, that while BC makes as good a tractor as the best of them (IMO) they are struggling to come into the 21st century computer wise.
The website is close to useless when it comes to trying to research specs.
The online price quote system is either intentionally designed to confuse or so mismanaged and/or misunderstood by the various dealers as to be laughable.
While all dealers will provide you with quotes on the exact same form, no two will be comparable with respect to discounts.
One will start off by discounting tractor itself (I have a range of over $2K with no two alike). Another will change unit pricing on options (hence the wide range on rear remote quotes). Finally, some will actually itemize the factory rebate discount and loader discount in lieu of financing while others include the loader cost then itemize the discount then tell you to add $575 if you want a bucket with the free loader <bg>.

What it all means, after you get done pulling your hair out trying to make a rationale comparison of the various quotes is that nothing matters except the bottom line.
As good as they are at building tractors it becomes fairly obvious that most were absent that day in grade school where they did addition and subtraction of columns of numbers - the idea of starting at the top and being able to add items one at a time then subtract discounts is apparently a foreign concept.

All that aside, once you narrow it down to where you've located a dealer/salesman you trust the process becomes much easier. Do you own research, know your options, rely on the salesman's experience and knowledge and enjoy.

For individual attachment pricing, remember you're not necessarily married to BC implements. In many instances in fact the BC implement might actually be the worse choice since most were designed for use on skidsteers not tractors. Indeed, many simply will not work at all due to hydraulic pump limitations on tractors vs skidsteers.

Check out the "attachments" and "hydraulics" sections of TBN for general info, then spend some time banging around eBay and third party manufacturers websites for the various attachments.

Good luck, enjoy the ride.

/ CT230 Option prices #3  
I don't need any remotes for my post hole digger (I assume by auger you mean the thing that hangs off the back to dig holes) if you want an front end loader auger that is another story!
Expect to spend 5-600 new with an auger.
I paid about 350 for my sunshade and since it is 100 degrees here in Kansas I can say it was well spent money.
I was quotes in the area of 6-800 for 2 remotes if you go that route.
Each of my dealers prices out in a different manner but the only number I cared about is the one on the bottom.

/ CT230 Option prices
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I appreciate it.

I'm in Texas, so a sunshade is mandatory!

I agree that the site is lacking a lot. I sent a request a week ago and haven't heard back yet. I guess their internet sales guy was on vacation :)

/ CT230 Option prices #5  
If you're asking about a Hydraulic PHD, up front, it needs about 10 GPM to run efficiently. The 230 has 7.9 gpm, which would probably work, but a little on the weak side. To get the add on, I believe you have to step up to the 440.