the CT235 vs CT335 question again

/ the CT235 vs CT335 question again #1  

NealinVA

Tractor
Century 2535
Hi all. I've been reading all the posts on here for a few days and decided to jump in. I am in the market for a new tractor and actually started out thinking MF 2605 or NHTT45 when I began to read the Bobcat forum. I got a price of $15400 for a stripped down 2wd 2605 w/ FEL and $15200 for the same in NHTT45. Then I visited my Bobcat dealer and looked at the CT335 it had so much more std than the other 2 I was really impressed. He quoted me $17,827before taxes for the ct335 w/ FEL(bobtach), loader joystick control valve, and GP tires. So my first question is... Sounds a bit high doesn't it?

Second question came up when I began to read last night the threads about the CT235 vs the CT335. I am now thinking the CT235 may do fine for me. I run a 5' bush hog on a few fields which add up to about 20acres, maintain a gravel drive about 1000feet long then general horse tending stuff. I am leaving behind a 1965 vintage IH424D w/O power steering which was broke more than running and when she ran it was like riding a bronco, after 2 hours cutting I needed a chiropractor.

So any and all thoughts would be gratefully accepted.

/ the CT235 vs CT335 question again #2  
He quoted me $17,827before taxes for the ct335 w/ FEL(bobtach), loader joystick control valve, and GP tires. So my first question is... Sounds a bit high doesn't it?

I think that's about right since 335 has only $500 rebate.

/ the CT235 vs CT335 question again #3  
I went through the same dillema recently. The PTO hp is the same on both tractors so how they run the hog should not change. I ran a 5' hog through foot high weeds/pasture in high without a hiccup. Probably about 10-12mph. That was as fast as I was comfortable. If you are running a 5' perhaps look at the 230. The hp is less but the rebate is 3500 vs 500 plus a cheaper tractor. The size is the same as the 235. Don't you just love another thing to consider. The GP tire width is 62 inches on both tractors. The specs are for ag tires I think. When I conisdered both I measured myself instead of trusting specs.

if you go with the 2xx series I think the deluxe seat is a well spent 200. It is standard on the 335.

I ended up with a 335 b/c did not feel comfortable handling (5 foot) round bales on the 235. I have 10 hours on it so far and love it compared to what I had before (nothing but a wheelbarrow and atv)

Good luck. I don't have quotes with me but can check later.

Tornado