Loader capacity disappointment

/ Loader capacity disappointment #1  

horticattleman

Silver Member
Tractor
CT335
I bought a 335 over a 235 because of the 8TL loader and its lift capacity. I own a landscape company and we routinely load pallets of mulch on trailers. I loaded several pallets on a flatbed lowboy 20' er at one location with our John Deere 34 hp. Its a smaller tractor with a smaller loader and have been loading mulch with it so I assumed the new 8TL loader would load em no problem. WRONG I went to unload em and the dang thing would barely budge em and it almost tipped over, so I took off the box scraper that was on the back of it and put a HEAVY duty set of 7' Howse discs on the back. NO DICE! It would barely, and I mean barely, lift it up a couple of inches but wanted to turn over. I am sure if I slid them back off of the trailer it would tip forward. It is Cypress bark mulch that supposedly weight about 1000 lbs but was a little wet (it is still in the shrink wrap). What bothers me is the little John Deere loaded it no problem and this "big bad loader" sh*t on itself when I tried. Really really really disappointed. Now I have to spend extra money to have my guys unload it by hand.

/ Loader capacity disappointment #2  
I bought a 335 over a 235 because of the 8TL loader and its lift capacity. I own a landscape company and we routinely load pallets of mulch on trailers. I loaded several pallets on a flatbed lowboy 20' er at one location with our John Deere 34 hp. Its a smaller tractor with a smaller loader and have been loading mulch with it so I assumed the new 8TL loader would load em no problem. WRONG I went to unload em and the dang thing would barely budge em and it almost tipped over, so I took off the box scraper that was on the back of it and put a HEAVY duty set of 7' Howse discs on the back. NO DICE! It would barely, and I mean barely, lift it up a couple of inches but wanted to turn over. I am sure if I slid them back off of the trailer it would tip forward. It is Cypress bark mulch that supposedly weight about 1000 lbs but was a little wet (it is still in the shrink wrap). What bothers me is the little John Deere loaded it no problem and this "big bad loader" sh*t on itself when I tried. Really really really disappointed. Now I have to spend extra money to have my guys unload it by hand.
I am glad I have never had a problem like that with my CT230. My CT230 has surprised me in everything that I expected of it. Do the tractors have buckets attached?

/ Loader capacity disappointment #3  
The ct 235 and the ct 335 only have a difference of approx 50 pounds loader capacity. (according to the book) Lift capacity doesnt drastically increase till the 440 which is 2050/2600 pounds from 1300/1650. I might be missing something. Maybe you can trade up?

/ Loader capacity disappointment #4  
Might be worthwhile to have someone check the relief valve pressure, it may be set too low and thus cutting into your lift capacity.

Aaron Z

/ Loader capacity disappointment #5  
What type of pallet forks are you using?
Are they skid steer forks that weigh 500lbs already?

Do you have your tires loaded?
Seems even if the loader could pick up the pallet you don't have enough ballest to hold the rear of the tractor down anyhow.

/ Loader capacity disappointment
What type of pallet forks are you using?
Are they skid steer forks that weigh 500lbs already?

Do you have your tires loaded?
Seems even if the loader could pick up the pallet you don't have enough ballest to hold the rear of the tractor down anyhow.

The tires are not loaded but the weight on the back was pretty heavy even though it still picked it up. They are skid steer pallet forks. Do they weigh that much?!?!

/ Loader capacity disappointment #8  
   / Loader capacity disappointment #9  
Tell me more ... you have me thinking

Bring it by I will make it lift!:eek: Can't tell ya you won't break the front axel out from underneath it but I can make it lift till it breaks!:D

/ Loader capacity disappointment #10  
Mr.Wallace please tell us how you are gonna increase his lift? Just curious.

So horticattleman did you get it fixed?