First 50hr service

/ First 50hr service #1  

galaxie428

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
Well, it has come time for my first 50 hr service. I do not have a dealer that is very close, so I was going to try it myself. Do you guy have any advice on what kind of filter, oil, hydro and so on to use? I have not looked in my book yet to see exactly what all needs serviced yet but plan on doing that tonight.

So far, I love the tractor (my wife doesn't). At least she says she doesn't. I had her out lifting me up in the bucket so I could trim some branches a couple of weeks ago and I saw a smile on her face a fwe times. Maybe that was just because she was thinking of dumping me at full height!

/ First 50hr service #2  
I would check/replace air filters way sooner than the firsgt 50 hous, and more often if used in dusty condition.

/ First 50hr service
Thanks Chazzy. I will check that. I saw in the owners manual that it looks like the oil needs changed at 50 hrs and check some belts and grease everything. That sounds easier than I expected.

I wasn't able to find a number on the oil filter to see if I can have it cross referenced at one of the local parts store for a filter they carry. Anyone know what the filter number is? I can probably get it by taking the filter off but I like to have a filter in hand before I take the old one off.

/ First 50hr service #4  
on the 335 it says to change all the hydraulic fluids and filters too. Might check again.

/ First 50hr service #5  
Well I'm curious, because I am also up for 50 hour service. CT440 manual states engine oil & filter, Hydrostatic Filter, Hydraulic Filter and Hydraulic fluid (11Gal) PLUS front axle fluid replacement....Sounds a bit much, my dealer is as surprised as I am. They don't even have the hydraulic fluid in stock....maybe Monday....we'll see. I think it's a little over kill but I don't want to mess with the warranty so will pay the $500 for everything (not impressed) Still havent got my remotes yet....seems to be a recurring problem....Time will tell.

Dave, :confused:

/ First 50hr service
I just called the BC dealer and they said the oil was the only fluid that needed changed at 50hrs. I think at 100hrs is when the rest is needed to be done per my book.

They recommended using a BC filter at least until my warranty was over so I guess I am going to have to make a trip to the dealer so I can do it this weekend.

/ First 50hr service #7  
Im going to change all my fluids when I hit my 50hrs, mostly because I have a hoe and use my hydraulics alot, plus better safe than sorry.