Bobcat B250 problem with "push to drive" button

/ Bobcat B250 problem with "push to drive" button #1  

manaroundthehouse

I own a 2005 Bobcat backhoe B250. Everytime I push the "push to drive" button, it blows a fuse. When I try a bigger fuse, I seem to smell something burning, as if the wires are getting hot. Anyone have any ideas on this? Much appreciated.
John

/ Bobcat B250 problem with "push to drive" button #2  
You have a short some where and putting a larger fuse in will cause something else....like you whole wiring harness to burn/melt. New fuse $.50..new wiring harness $$$$$. Take it to the dealer so they can track down the short.

/ Bobcat B250 problem with "push to drive" button #3  
Hope you don't mind me cutting into this thread, but I have a question specifically about your b250--How well does the backhoe dig? Would you think it would be able to dig out a foundation for a garage/addition? Stumps?

Thanks,

Aaron

/ Bobcat B250 problem with "push to drive" button #4  
Manaroundthehouse,

Saw your post in the construction area. I have an Earthforce EF3. Its basically a Bobcat B200 with Four Wheel Steer and a different loader up front. Hydraulics are the same as far as I can tell.

Agree with earlier answer - you probably have a short. Take the dashboard off (just the cap) and see if some of the contacts are touching others or the steel dash - its pretty cramped in there.

BTW, my green Push-to-Drive button failed intermittently. I traced it to a bad solenoid, the solenoid/relay to the far right in the top picture posted by Westcliffe01 in the other post (Construction Post). But I couldn't fix it (don't know how).

I took to my bobcat dealer, who is real understanding about these machines. He thought it was the green switch, though I thought I had already ruled that out. Well he figured out it was the green switch and bypassed it with another momentary switch. Works like a champ.