Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Oil and filters

How much should the engine oil and the three filters cost for the first 50hrs service? Is there a better place to buy the filters and oil than the dealer? If so could you set me in the best direction. I know cars, but tractors are a little new to me. I would like to use the best, but trying to not over pay.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Oil and filters

Just brought home a CT225. I talked with the dealer and according to Bobcat Nashville, you need to use their filters and fluids during the warranty period. And, I would have to agree with that, why give them an excuse for voiding the warranty. I doubt their filters are much different than wix but their fluids are probably higher. I was quoted $74 for a 5 gallon pail of Bobcat hydraulic fluid and that is not any worse than most good brands. I am not sure but I don't think it takes 10 gallons to do the 50 hour service?
    John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by bbse View Post
    Just brought home a CT225. I talked with the dealer and according to Bobcat Nashville, you need to use their filters and fluids during the warranty period. And, I would have to agree with that, why give them an excuse for voiding the warranty. I doubt their filters are much different than wix but their fluids are probably higher. I was quoted $74 for a 5 gallon pail of Bobcat hydraulic fluid and that is not any worse than most good brands. I am not sure but I don't think it takes 10 gallons to do the 50 hour service?
    My tractor is a ct230 and the 50 service is to change the filters and change the oil. Thanks for the info.

Tractor
    CT225 Bobcat with Loader and R4's

As much as it pains me to say i would stick with the dealer stuff atleast until the warranty is over

Silver Member tornadowatchranch's Avatar
    Tractor
    Bobcat 335 for the fun stuff JD gt235 for the lawn

I was quoted over $500 for all the 50 hour need for my 335--ouch

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335; MF 30B; 2 Cub Cadets, Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by tornadowatchranch View Post
    Is that with them doing it or just for materials?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by tornadowatchranch View Post
    Sounds way high. I had my L3010 kubota done for $350 by a dealer a few years ago. No way materials alone could be that high.
    John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

I did not realize that I needed to change the hydro and the trans filters when I did my oil a couple of weeks ago but my oil filter was only $8 from Bobcat. I expected much worse and actually was quotes $14 for the same filter at another BC. I would check around if you have the choice.

I have to make another trip to get my other filters now.

Silver Member tornadowatchranch's Avatar
    Tractor
    Bobcat 335 for the fun stuff JD gt235 for the lawn

That was with me doing the work. They said at would be about $340 for the hydraulic fluid alone. I saw here someone else got it much cheaper so will be checking around.

Platinum Member
    RIP
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 45

Quote Originally Posted by bbse View Post
    Federal law Moss Act, If the dealer requires you to use there filters and oil under warranty they shall supply it at no charge.

Magnuson Moss Act

Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act, a vehicle manufacturer may not make its vehicle warranty conditional on the use of any brand of part unless the manufacturer provides the part free of charge or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has specifically published that only the vehicle manufacturer’s product may be used. To challenge a false claim, ask the person to put it in writing, or request the vehicle manufacturer’s part free of charge. If you are charged for the part, or they refuse to give you a written statement, there may be a violation of Federal law.

This is the actual language of the act:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast