This Bobcat CT440 deal?

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #1  

Bama67

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 5520H
Hey fellas, I have been doing some tractor shopping in the 40hp range. I have looked at most everyones 40hp tractors: Deere, MF, NH, Bobcat, Case, Mahindra, Kubota. And the best deal by far is the 440 as far as features and specs go for the price. I was quoted today a CT440 with 9T loader for $17,600 for everthing except alabama tax. I believe this is a great deal for this tractor, especially considering the rebate offers are long gone.

My question is, I am paying for a "new tractor" but it has like 9 hours on it from people testing it at the dealer. I may be thinking wrong, but when I buy new I want new, not something that every joe blow has been on, cranking and shutting off and cranking and revving up, and plowing headlong into dirt piles and turning on PTO at full speed etc. Am I being unreasonable? Should I ask for free filters are something? At what point is a tractor "new" and when is it a demo?
The tractor looks good btw, and seems to be in fine working order. But when you buy a new truck, you don't want it to have 5,000 miles on it already. What kinda deal would you try to settle?

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #2  
Won't hurt to ask for something, or wait for a new one to be delivered. that seems like a really good price, so maybe the 9 hrs is already accounted for. I have bought new cars with 40 miles or more on them.
I looked at a CT445 today, the dealer said he'd bring it to my house to try...might do that.

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #3  
I would ask for the 50 hour service free and take it. I doubt you could hurt it in 9 hours.

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal?
thanks for the replies. I think I will take the deal. It seems very good to me. I am going to email him back and hit him up for free filters and fluid, as I want to do my own service (had a bad experiance once) It is worth a shot I reckon.

I am excited to get ahold of this bad boy, should be a totally different animal compared to the little 27hp mitsubishi w/ loader I got up for sale. If it fit I could pick the Mitsu up in the bucket of this thing. lol

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #5  
Im goin to do an actual test of lift with my 440, I have to get 10k of 80lb bags of salt loaded on skids 3000lb per skid. I will see what my 440 is made of!!!:D

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal?
Im goin to do an actual test of lift with my 440, I have to get 10k of 80lb bags of salt loaded on skids 3000lb per skid. I will see what my 440 is made of!!!:D

Sounds Fun! although i doubt seriously it will budge a full skid. I figure it will be much harder to lift 2000lbs on forks than it would be 2000lbs in the bucket. Not only because of the really heavy forks, but because the load is just so much farther out. If it will lift a ton on the forks i will be impressed.

As I side note, the dealer said he is working on trying to get me free fitlers. Appearently they cost a pretty good bit. Oh well, it can't hurt to ask. I am gonna buy the thing anyway. And I also decided to switch the tires to the R1 ag style as I decided my property is to hilly and sometimes muddy. I don't care about tearing up the yard anyway. lol

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #7  
I will give this test a honest try thats for sure. I doubt it will budge the whole skid but I will take off bags until it will move safely.

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #8  
Bama67...I just got my CT440 and I am at the 50 hour service mark. did you do it yourself? they want 800 to do it at dealer.

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #9  
Bama67...I just got my CT440 and I am at the 50 hour service mark. did you do it yourself? they want 800 to do it at dealer.

Hi Blake and welcome to the forum. Bama67 hasn't posted since OCT. 2012, and this thread is a bit long in the tooth (2009), so don't feel bad if you do not get a response here. However I believe you were asking about the 50 hour service on your CT440, it is similar to my Kioti DK35se. And of course I have done the 50 hour.. I would not pay $800 to have that done, as I feel that the service is within the capability of most folks to do themselves saving over $400. The hydraulic, hydrostat and oil filters are just a little over $100 and the hydraulic fluid and engine oil maybe less than $300. so you need to think about how much you would like to pay for a days work on your machine. And a days work is for someone not used to working on tractors, A mechanic could do it in way less time. One of the hardest things is getting the Hydraulic filter unscrewed.. I would recommend getting a chain wrench. The hydrostat (left side horizontal filter) and the oil filter (right front of engine) were pretty easy. You will need a big container to catch the hydraulic oil in. There are 3 plugs, a big main plug and don't forget the final drive plugs near each rear wheel.. Then the two small drain plugs down low on the front axle. Now is also a good time to re-torque your wheels and loader bolts (all of them). Clean you air filter, and check your fuel filter. replace if neccessary. Good luck in whatever you decide to do, and again Welcome

James K0UA

/ This Bobcat CT440 deal? #10  

My dealer sold me a 50 hr kit for the diy'er. It comes in a Bobcat box with everything you need. I recall it was about $150.00