Installed Rear Hydraulic Remote Control by yourself?

/ Installed Rear Hydraulic Remote Control by yourself? #1  

chazzy

Bronze Member
I am wondering about the difficulty of installing the rear hydraulic remote control on CT230. Originally my selling dealer wanted to charge me $400 for a single remote installaton - that's labor only! Then they said, just for me, they would do it for $200 since I just spent $15,000+ for a tractor and attachments, including $350 for a single remote.

Can the installation be done by an average homeowner who does own car maintenances/projects like oil changes, installing trans oil cooler, etc, on his truck? Does it require special hydraulic tools? Is it worth having the dealer to do it for $200? If you have done one by yourself and/or have any comment, please post.
Thanks.

/ Installed Rear Hydraulic Remote Control by yourself? #2  
I did my own here, albeit on a very different tractor. Please disregard that I kept calling it a SVC instead of a SCV -- People were either being very polite or having a good laugh.

It took a few hours and I said a few bad words, but it really wasn't that bad. One of the more interesting parts of the project would be if you had to removed one of the rear tires if it was loaded. I certainly wouldn't do that alone.

/ Installed Rear Hydraulic Remote Control by yourself? #3  
Can the installation be done by an average homeowner who does own car maintenances/projects like oil changes, installing trans oil cooler, etc, on his truck? Does it require special hydraulic tools? Is it worth having the dealer to do it for $200? If you have done one by yourself and/or have any comment, please post.
Thanks.

Yes!
No!
Not to me.

I have done 2 on CK30s (same tractor) and one on the CK20. You do not
have to remove the rt fender or wheel. Instructions were pretty clear.
BTW, my new CT230 is in at the dealer, but the FEL is not. Maybe a few
more months? They are selling all their M27 tractors with single AUX
installed, and Bobtach on the FEL. No choice.

/ Installed Rear Hydraulic Remote Control by yourself? #4  
I have a CT335 and I installed dual remotes myself. It is not that hard. The instructions were pretty clear and all you need is some basic metric wrenches and misc. tools. On mine I had to pull out the seat, which is kind of heavy so you may need a helper for that. The hardest part was trying to get the control valves mounted. It seemed I needed a 4 foot arm with 3 elbows in it to contort. :eek: However if you are only doing a single it will be easier, cause the second stack valve was really tight.

/ Installed Rear Hydraulic Remote Control by yourself? #5  
I am wondering about the difficulty of installing the rear hydraulic remote control on CT230. Originally my selling dealer wanted to charge me $400 for a single remote installaton - that's labor only! Then they said, just for me, they would do it for $200 since I just spent $15,000+ for a tractor and attachments, including $350 for a single remote.

Thanks.

If I am reading that right, it sounds like your dealer is trying to rip you off. $400 for labor? I would take my business elsewhere. From my dealer the remote is $256.00 and $113.00 to install it. But I am going to do it myself, so I hope it isn't too bad. I still have over a week until i pickup my new toy, I mean, tool.