Tires How many gallons do rear tires hold?

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold?
Don't know. I live in NC on the coast. Very seldom does it get down below 20 degs. F. 27 gals. of water, 2 gals. of antifreeze per tire, I figure I'm good for about zero degs. Easy enough to add another gal. or two if need be. If anyone thinks I need more antifreeze to protect to zero degs. please let me know.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #12  
Pretty sure you will want to get to at least a 30-40% mix antifreeze to water (rough guess) to protect to 0 deg. I checked out a few web sites with specs on antifreeze and they all seem to be within 10-15 deg. of each other in a 40/50/60 mix. 40% is around 0 deg, 50% is around -25 to -35, and 60% goes down to -60 or so. Here's one: Prestone Low Tox Antifreeze Specifications

I am planning on doing this myself in the next few weeks. I'll post back when I get it done.

Patrick

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #13  
Have you guys tried Rim Guard for rear tire ballast?
Rim Guard is nearly 30% heavier than water.
Rim Guard is non-corrosive.
Rim Guard is non-toxic and biodegradable.
Rim Guard is freeze-resistant down to -35ーF.
Rim Guard is cost effective because inner tubes are not needed and tires are easier to repair

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #14  
I just used 22 galons of plumbing antifreeze to do my two tires. Its enviro and cheep about $2 a gallon. I think it is made from the beet juice stuff. works great and good till 50 below. If it does get that cold here I'm on an iceberg and paddling to california.:D

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #15  
I just used 22 galons of plumbing antifreeze to do my two tires. Its enviro and cheep about $2 a gallon. I think it is made from the beet juice stuff. works great and good till 50 below. If it does get that cold here I'm on an iceberg and paddling to california.:D
I haven't filled my tires yet, but have seen posts about Rim Guard. Most people were worried about corrosion of the rims using other standard solutions. It doesn't get too cold in Ca., but it does on my Oregon property.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #16  
Regular auto antifreeze is also a corrosion preventer. Every once in a while we will get a -10 deg. day here in NE Ohio so I am planning to do a 50/50 mix. Then I won't have to wake up at night wondering if my tires have exploded or not :)

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #17  
What is the purpose for filling tires with liquid?

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #18  
What is the purpose for filling tires with liquid?

Stability, weight and traction. It lowers the center of gravity, it adds unsprung weight(meaning that the tractor is really pulling the weight not lifting it), it increases traction which is a major benefit, as power is useless unless it can be put on the ground. Steel plates can also be used to increase weight. I used winter -20 windshield washer fluid at about 8 lbs per gallon. Some use beet juice that is about 30 % heavier, ag tractors have used calcium chloride for years at 12 lbs per gallon but is very corrosive and needs tubes.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #19  
Any idea how many gallons I would need in my 440's GP tires? GP Tires - 10 X 16.5, 6 PR, FRONT; 14.9 X 24, 8 PR, REAR

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #20  
Last edited: