Tires How many gallons do rear tires hold?

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #1  

Skinnyman

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I am getting ready to fill my rear tires on a CT235. Rear tires are 15"x19.5", GP tires. Anyone know how many gallons each tire holds. I want to add antifreeze and protect to a zero degs. Thanks for any help you can send me.
I am hoping 2 gals. of antifreeze per tire and fill remainder with water should protect to zero degs.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #2  
I believe I put about 29 gallons per tire. I got that figure from one of the tire website for that tire size for my CT225, same tire as you. I used 1.64 a gallon -20 WW fluid, I think that is cheaper than antifreeze. One bit of advise, re-seat those beads good before you start, I had some leaks and I had to raise my pressures to stop them and them add some more fluid. I lowered my pressures back down and no leaks so far. Get a good pump, my drill pump was a pain.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold?
Thanks for the reply. One question. You said to reseat beads before I start.
I assmue you mean to reseat with higher pressure after filling and before using the tractor. Thanks again for the tips and info.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #4  
Thanks for the reply. One question. You said to reseat beads before I start.
I assmue you mean to reseat with higher pressure after filling and before using the tractor. Thanks again for the tips and info.

Actually, I would re-seat before I started putting fluid in. I got about half my fluid in the left tire and it started shooting streams out of the inside bead. I put the valve stem back in and started putting air in until it quit.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #5  
You can buy an adapter that lets you fill through the valve. I don't think it would be any quicker but it is an option. It does keep you from breaking the bead seal.

My plan is to jack up tractor just enought to take the load of the tire. Rotate valve to 12:00, remove valve stem. Add antifreeze with hand pump, then fill remainder of tire with water. I will use the adapter from NAPA auto parts that hooks to garden hose. Replace valve stem and inflate to proper pressure. If I am going about this wrong please jump in a save me from myself. Thanks folks.

Just finished filling both rear tires. Job went real well. Could not believe the difference it made. Thanks guys for the input and help!!!!

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #8  
How long did it take and how much antifreeze/WW fluid did you use? Was it a total pain in the ... or not too bad? I have the same tractor/tires and have been thinking about doing this too.

Thanks,
Patrick

Was not problem. I went about it just as I posted in post #6 above. I bought a hand pump to pump in the antifreeze, cost 12 -14 dollars at auto parts store. Rubber hose of hand pump would slip tightly over valve stem.
Added water using adapater that threads on to valve stem. I pumped the antifreeze, 2 gals. per tire in less than 10 mins. Not near the problem I anticipated. Good luck. BTW, the pump is called a Koehler "transfer pump".
purchased at Auto Zone.

/ How many gallons do rear tires hold? #10  
Skinnyman, did i read right you only used 2 gals of antifreeze? Was that enough? Just curious