Finally bought a tractor

/ Finally bought a tractor #1  

rus_geek

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
After looking for close to a year (and thinking about it longer than that!) I pulled the trigger on a new CT225. Just took delivery today, so I'm looking forward to getting some real-world trials in, rather than just playing in dealer lots. The ROPS *just* clears the garage door, so I'll need to make sure I fold that down. Having the loader carrying any weight might just pick up the rear enough to do some damage.

I had to take some pictures while it's still clean and shiny, since it probably won't ever happen again unless I'm trying to sell it!

-rus-

Attachments

• delivered.jpg
    delivered.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 247
  • door_front.jpg
    door_front.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 263
  • door_rear.jpg
    door_rear.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 255
   / Finally bought a tractor #2  
After looking for close to a year (and thinking about it longer than that!) I pulled the trigger on a new CT225. Just took delivery today, so I'm looking forward to getting some real-world trials in, rather than just playing in dealer lots. The ROPS *just* clears the garage door, so I'll need to make sure I fold that down. Having the loader carrying any weight might just pick up the rear enough to do some damage.

I had to take some pictures while it's still clean and shiny, since it probably won't ever happen again unless I'm trying to sell it!

-rus-

Nice machine, you will wonder how you lived with out it.

maybe you can remove the trim strip from the top of the door way for extra clearance? Or you can cut the rops down :eek::(;):eek::p:mad: Not a good idea.
I got tired of hinging my rops down so i just installed a new door header and raised it from 7' to 9'. No problem with clearance now!

/ Finally bought a tractor #3  
Ouch, talk about a tight fit.. Ive been leaving my rops at half mast for the same reason. I was going to shorten it a few inches but I didn't want to worry about my warranty. Congrats on your new tractor! You may want to keep an eye on your battery, Ive had 2 ct225's now and both had leaking batteries. I just replaced mine with an optima sealed battery.

/ Finally bought a tractor #4  
You may want to keep an eye on your battery, Ive had 2 ct225's now and both had leaking batteries. I just replaced mine with an optima sealed battery.

I had the same issue with my CT230. I didn't notice it for a while and it ate all my paint off. I cleaned it up real good and repainted it and have been keeping my eye on it.

/ Finally bought a tractor #5  
Congrats on fine looking investment..looks little tight fit over head door view.

/ Finally bought a tractor #6  
Boy what day, eh? And what a beauty!! congrats.

Perhaps try adjusting the door opener. You might well be able to just tweak that thing to buy you an additional inch. Looks like you might find that extra few millimeters just enough. :)

/ Finally bought a tractor
I am clearing the door itself. The ROPS actually touches the weather stripping attached to the frame. Guess I should have had my slab installed an inch lower... I think I have a solution to relocate the weatherstrip that would gain me a half inch. Long-term plan is not to store it in that garage anyway.

Got a little bit of landscaping done this weekend, and so far I'm happy with the capabilities of the tractor. Still shopping for implements, but am not finding much of a used market in my area. Still hoping to avoid buying most things new, so we'll see what the fall auction schedule looks like.

-r-