CT225 hydraulic capacity

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #1  

rus_geek

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I have a single rear remote on my CT225, but I'm having trouble identifying specs. The manual () lists 12.2 gpm total, with 7.9 gpm for implement and 4.3 gpm for steering. I'm not sure if that is actually two pumps (or split pump) or if it uses a priority valve or something for the steering. None of the specifications appear to list pressure. Does anyone know what gpm and psi I should see at my remote?

Ultimately, I'm trying to determine what I could run off the remote, versus when I would have to step up to a PTO pump.

Yes, I realize I could measure it, but that precludes my armchair calculations :)

-rus-

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #2  
rus, you should see full system pressure at the remotes (2500-2750 psi approx)
As for the divided GPM rating it could be line or passage restrictions that dictate those but I'm really not sure...looks like a single output pump setup on mine. Hopefully someone more educated on these will chime in. I also would like to have accurate data.

Mark

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity
I came up with a strange way to find out last night. I actually cracked open the spec sheets in the back of the Operator's manual... :D

It lists the relief pressure as 2611psi. It also lists the 7.9 and 4.3 gpm figures as separate pump outputs. It appears to be a dual pump.

-rus-

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #5  
I have a single rear remote on my CT225, but I'm having trouble identifying specs. The manual () lists 12.2 gpm total, with 7.9 gpm for implement and 4.3 gpm for steering. I'm not sure if that is actually two pumps (or split pump) or if it uses a priority valve or something for the steering. None of the specifications appear to list pressure. Does anyone know what gpm and psi I should see at my remote?

Interesting. I have not received my new CT230 or its manuals yet, but
apparently the owner's manual (at least) is different from Kioti's.

My CK30 OM does not list the implement pump flow or pressure, just the
total flow (12.7GPM). You have to dig thru the Service Manual to find that
the implement flow is 8.3GPM and pressure is 2500psi.

I thought all M27 tractors were the same except for the engines, and that
includes the Bobcat CT225/230/235, and Kioti CK25/27/30/35. Anyway,
the PS and implement pumps are indeed two distinct gear pumps in the
same housing, instead of one pump and a flow divider. Regardless of the
pump design, you will never see the "total hydraulic flow" for any implement;
it is just for low-brow marketing purposes.

Now for the tractor's weight, there are a bunch of different specs, from
about 3058# to over 3300#.

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #6  
I think the operating weight is 3028lb. That includes a 165lb person on board so the machine alone is 2863lb. The loader adds 725lb if I remember correctly.
that puts a tractor/loader without opperator at 3588lb.

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity
I thought all M27 tractors were the same except for the engines, and that
includes the Bobcat CT225/230/235, and Kioti CK25/27/30/35. ...

Some part of my thinks I remember reading that the Bobcat and Kioti specs were listed at different rated RPMs. The Bobcat hydraulic specs I listed were marked at 2600rpm. Is there an RPM associated with the specs you have?

-r-

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #8  
I think the operating weight is 3028lb. That includes a 165lb person on board so the machine alone is 2863lb. The loader adds 725lb if I remember correctly.
that puts a tractor/loader without opperator at 3588lb.

I see that the Bobcat brochure lists the CT225 at 3028#, and the CT230/35
at 3056#. No mention is made of that including the operator. No mention
is made of the engine RPM used for the implement pump spec either (7.9GPM).

It would be interesting to see if Bobcat re-writes the ops manual and the
service manual. Kioti publishes different weight specs in various places.
One full-line Kioti brochure lists the CK25H at 3109 with AG tires.

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #9  
I was told several times about the opperating weight. I have taken trailer and tractor over scales twice and it seemed to be over at least a couple hundred pounds each time so I wonder what the tractor and loader weigh in the real world.

/ CT225 hydraulic capacity #10  
Take a look at the pump and see how many hoses are there. If there are two pumps, there will be two input and two output hoses. They can and do make a splitter to split up the single output from a pump. and send a small amount to the PS, and the rest to the FEL. So, it just depends. Show us a picture of your pump.

One of my pumps has another pump attached to it and is used as the PTO pump.

Here is one of the splitters, that gives a 70/30 ratio.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009091715555791&item=9-4675&catname=hydraulic