New Toy..ct225

/ New Toy..ct225 #1  

tmorg1220

Tractor
bobcat ct225
A few pics of my new 225. hope to have some action pics soon. It's been raining since I got the thing so I'm sure to get it muddy as soon as I get a chance. I endedup getting the 25 hp version of the 225, despite my fears, so far it seems to have plenty of pep. Could be the lighter ag tires making a difference. this thing digs away when going into a pile in med. range. I hope to test pto power as soon as the rain lets up. I will be using a 5' bushhog to clar out a few food plots. plenty of 2-3" trees and weeds to clear away..hope the 225 can handle it..we'll see? I didnt have a great experience with my dealer. I got the tractor from bobcat of Dothan, AL. I was mis-led big time, but in the end I did get a good deal and am happy with the Tractor. In a nutshell here's what happened. My dealership purchased my machine (aged inventory)from a closing dealership for a couple of thousand under invoice. When I asked for a quote, I was given a price for the aged machine (couple hundred less than my local dealership) Now here's what pisses me off..I was led to believe that I was getting a good deal on a new machine. I signed the quote and agreed to purchase the machine before the loader program ended. two days after the program ended (one week beore I was able to pick up the machine) I find out about the 25/27 ordeal. After asking my dealer which one I was getting..guess what..mines a 25. Then I get told that I cant get a newer machine because my quote was specific to the aged machine. I cant get a newer one because now the free loader program is gone! Like I said pissed! My problem with my dealership is that I feel like my slaesman wasn't honest with me. He could have given me an option (two quotes, one for the aged machine, one for a new one) He ended up knocking several hundred more dollars off of the price of the aged machine, enough to make it worth my while to take the older one. But im still pissed that I never had the option to get (even if I had to wait) for a new one. If I had it to do over again I would not have purchased my machine from dothan just on principal. Anyway...I do love the tractor, I wasn't sure about the ag tires but so far I love them..Ill post more pics as soon as I get it dirty...

Attachments

• P9170233.JPG
    P9170233.JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 440
  • P9170236.JPG
    P9170236.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 516
  • P9170234.JPG
    P9170234.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 426
  • P9170238.JPG
    P9170238.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 379
   / New Toy..ct225 #2  
Wonder what they changed to get the extra 2 HP? I may be just a pump adjustment or something simple like that.

/ New Toy..ct225
I may be wrong..but my understanding of the hp change is this.. the 25 hp engine did not meet the new emissions requirements.. when it boggs down it produces a little more black smoke than the 'greenies' would like. I guess it was cheaper to put a little bigger engine (doesn't bogg down as much) than to re-design the original 25 horse engine. The 27 horse is a completely different engine.

/ New Toy..ct225 #4  
I can understand your feeling a bit ripped off then.

/ New Toy..ct225
Like I said..I'm unhappy with the dealership (salesman)..not the tractor. I've decided to be happy with the machine that I got for the price I got. I don't even want to think about driving the 27 horse version..If I dont know what I'm missing, then I won't be dissapointed. Bobcat made a mistake by not following Kioti and re-naming the machine the ct227. It's probably going to haunt them for some time. So far it's only been sales problems, but what about parts and service problems in the future? only time will tell.

/ New Toy..ct225 #7  
You have a nice looking tractor there. I have a 22 horsepower Kioti and it has done more for me than I could ever have imagined, the only time it slows down is if my tires start spinning. Youre going to have great traction with those ag treads. Every time a pick a task that seems out of reach with this machine it surprises me and steps up to the challenge. You'll be amazed at the power of these little brutes..... Good luck

/ New Toy..ct225
I paid $12,600 for my machine. I did price out this tractor from several other dealerships and they ranged in price from 13,700-14,200. LikeI said my machine was aged inventory. All of these prices were with the free loader. I've seen a lot of guys here who got their machine for 10-11K. I dont know how, I priced this machine from about 6 diff. dealerships and they were all within a couple hundred. The free loader program is gone now but Kioti still has it. I got a great price on a ck35hst with FEL that a local dealer had in stock for 15,400. If I hadnt been on a budget I would have jumped on that one.

/ New Toy..ct225 #9  
I paid $12,600 for my machine. I did price out this tractor from several other dealerships and they ranged in price from 13,700-14,200. LikeI said my machine was aged inventory. All of these prices were with the free loader. I've seen a lot of guys here who got their machine for 10-11K. I dont know how, I priced this machine from about 6 diff. dealerships and they were all within a couple hundred. The free loader program is gone now but Kioti still has it. I got a great price on a ck35hst with FEL that a local dealer had in stock for 15,400. If I hadnt been on a budget I would have jumped on that one.
The 10K price range was before June 14,2009. My dealer in Ca. sold a few in that price range. My CT 235 was $12,250, but I ordered another $1000 in options. Ordered mine on the last day of the offer... 6-14-09.

/ New Toy..ct225 #10  
The 10K price range was before June 14,2009. My dealer in Ca. sold a few in that price range. My CT 235 was $12,250, but I ordered another $1000 in options. Ordered mine on the last day of the offer... 6-14-09.

Yep, I ordered my 225 june 8th. I got the option of ordering one for 10,795 or take the one they had at their other dealership for 10,000. (free loader and 3500 cash). It had the deluxe package and rear remotes. I asked about the mid mount mower since i had the pto. It spec'd out at 3300!
Anyway After delivery I found out about the 25/27 and successfully got bobcat to exchange my tractor. My new 27hp was a dealer demo, It had 37 hours on it. It was a take it or leave it deal, I took it.