Bobcat bucket question

/ Bobcat bucket question #1  

Aaron_D

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230, Bobcat 325 Excavator, John Deere X300
Have the 68" Bobtach bucket. Does anybody know what the brackets on the back/top are for?

Attachments

• DSC01662 [800x600].JPG
    DSC01662 [800x600].JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 600
  • DSC01663 [800x600].JPG
    DSC01663 [800x600].JPG
    115 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC01664 [800x600].JPG
    DSC01664 [800x600].JPG
    92 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC01665 [800x600].JPG
    DSC01665 [800x600].JPG
    113 KB · Views: 261
   / Bobcat bucket question #2  
I have the same, I was told that they were for a grapple attachment, but the dealer wasn't sure on that, it was just his guess.

/ Bobcat bucket question #3  
My dealer also told me they were for a grapple too, but I don't really know for sure. Haven't looked into it.

/ Bobcat bucket question #4  
I don't know their original purpose, but I do know the 60" does not have them. I was going to change out for a narrower bucket but the dealer could not find out from the manufacturer whether they came with them without actually ordering it. Go figure! He did, it didn't have them, so I kept the original.

I put 8" X 7/8" pins in them to hold chain loops which has been very handy.

/ Bobcat bucket question
I don't know their original purpose, but I do know the 60" does not have them. I was going to change out for a narrower bucket but the dealer could not find out from the manufacturer whether they came with them without actually ordering it. Go figure! He did, it didn't have them, so I kept the original.

Good idea, i was thinking of doing the same but wasn't sure how to do it. Have a picture?

I'm still not sold on them being for a grapple. It would still be missing mounting for the cylinder or frame depending on how you assume it mounts. Another thought was that it was for the pin on style bucket, but it doesn't have bottom mounts and kind of wide, so that also doesn't make sense.

/ Bobcat bucket question #6  
I had something like that on my Woods bucket but it was just a single on each side. Not sure of its real purpose. I put a clevis/pin through it. Passed a chain through the clevis and used it for lifting. No need to weld on hooks or rings.

/ Bobcat bucket question #7  
I had something like that on my Woods bucket but it was just a single on each side. Not sure of its real purpose. I put a clevis/pin through it. Passed a chain through the clevis and used it for lifting. No need to weld on hooks or rings.
Good idea radman. I think I go buy some pins for that purpose.:)

/ Bobcat bucket question #8  

I did the same thing with an 8 x 3/4 I had laying around.

/ Bobcat bucket question #9  
I saw this in another post and thought it looked just like the brackets on the bobcat loader. Check out bxpanded.com.

/ Bobcat bucket question #10  
I have them on my 8TL too. The dealer told me they were for a grapple but for the life of me, I cannot locate an extra hydraulic connection to make a grapple work. No matter, I put 7" x 5/8" pins in it. The 3/4 inch pins did not allow enough room between the bucket and bracket to get the log chain hook through it. I can chain up logs with ease now.