50 hour service done ct225 filter exam

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #11  
Agreed. If you have ever changed oil in your car as a young person, with Dad giving you the pointers, you can do this. It isn't rocket science. The added bonus of knowing your machine and feeling proud of it? Priceless.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #12  
:confused2:Hi all Im new here and dumer than a bag of rocks at this computer stuff
but have hard fought for info on bobcats "special" hydro oil.From a factory rep its API GL4 with additives for wet brake use and was informeded of this after reminding him of magnusson moss act that states if a manf. requiers a special fluid they must by law provide it free of charge.If you should find junk in your filters use thier fluid to protect you from delays in the event of a major warranty claim.I,v heard of some earlier tranys going south.Tracer fluid? I,m not so sure they have a lab capable to determine sounds too James Bond to me.I was also told that a 50 hour fluid and filter change is requiered to insure all machining fillings etc. are removed to insure longterm health of the tractor.I have ct235 since june 108 hours.Fuel gauge way off and seat safety switch bad but I,ve had several tractors and grew up on farms and can only say if my grandfather had equipment as sweet as this he,d have never died.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #13  
Come on, how can so many of you fall for the "You need to use Bobcat fluids" for your warranty? Use some common sense. If they could do that, don't you think Ford, Chrysler, GM, John Deere, you get the idea, wouldn't ALL require you to use their fluids and charge 3 times the price as Exxon, or Mobil? If you don't believe common sense, Look up Magnuson-Moss Act about warranties.

The wording on the Bobcat fluid bottle says something tricky like "Use of this fluid will keep your warranty intact" It does NOT say using other fluids will void your warranty.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #14  
There is some confusing info in this topic regarding the 50 hour changing of the hydraulic fluid.

My dealer also told me at time of purchase the hydraulic fluid is good till 400 hours. HE WAS INCORRECT! In my manual for my ct 230 (page PM-7), there is a black box in the column under 50hr service for Diff and hyd fluid. The black box means the service (service = replace) must be done at the FIRST 50 HOURS, then every 400 after. I'll be changing mine at 50 hours..

The service department was thinking it was the same as the skid steers. But heck, they thought the tractor was built here in the usa..... Good thing for this site!

I only have 30 hrs on mine but have all the necessary filters/fluids at a total $311.00 all purchased from bobcat..

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #15  
Ok, Here is the Mantenance Schedule right out of the manual for my CT230. The manual says for serial numbers A59C11001 & Above. Maybe the older manuals were different, but mine clearly stated the Hydraulic fluid is good for the first 400 hours. 50 hours is nothing for hydraulic fluid, even when breaking in a new machine. I work for a large manufacturer of Aerial/Derrick/Crane Equipment for the Electrical/ tree trimming industry. Our units are scheduled for the first 1000 hours on the original hydraulic fluid. The filters are there to capture the wear of new parts.

View attachment Maint Schedule CT230.pdf

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #16  
Thanks for posting your maintenance schedule. My manual is for s/n abfp11001 and above. I believe it was built in October? I don't know if its newer or older than yours, but a change in fluid must have been made between them for some unknown reason. I did notice that my fluid is not orange, it looks like standard hydro fluid.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #17  
Here is my maintenance schedule out of my tractor manual. Not sure of the SN range. Will check that later.

I changed all my fluid and filters at 50 hrs. The fluid was dark with break-in wear particles. Yes, the filter catches larger particles but does let the fines through.

$300 of fluid and filters was relatively cheap is comparison to a $20,000 tractor. I also learned about my machine.

Attachments

• CT-230 Maintenance Sheet.pdf
    429.3 KB · Views: 181
   / 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #18  
I just shot off an email request to Bobcat to find out what their official stance is on the 50 hours/ Hyd Oil change. We'll see if they respond.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #19  
I just shot off an email request to Bobcat to find out what their official stance is on the 50 hours/ Hyd Oil change. We'll see if they respond.

I would like that answer 2 CT230Fan Keep us updated if or what their answer is Thanks for going through the trouble

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #20  
O.k. so after getting that rediculous quote for a 50 hour service and reading everones posts, I went back and looked at my service manual to see what is involved in the 50 hour service. my manual is not the same as the one posted. there are no black boxes next to change hydraulic fluid or diff fluid. the rest is the same as one posted...did bobcat leave out an important step in the maintenance of my machine or do they just want to sell a lot of extremely overpriced fluid? Oh by the way..looks like I may be taking my machine back to bobcat anyway, noticed a lot of oil underneath it this afternoon, after inspection looks like I got a bad oil cooler as well..Up util this point I have been happy with the machine but unhappy with sales and service..curious to see what happens now..