50 hour service done ct225 filter exam

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #21  
O.k. so after getting that rediculous quote for a 50 hour service and reading everones posts, I went back and looked at my service manual to see what is involved in the 50 hour service. my manual is not the same as the one posted. there are no black boxes next to change hydraulic fluid or diff fluid. the rest is the same as one posted...did bobcat leave out an important step in the maintenance of my machine or do they just want to sell a lot of extremely overpriced fluid? Oh by the way..looks like I may be taking my machine back to bobcat anyway, noticed a lot of oil underneath it this afternoon, after inspection looks like I got a bad oil cooler as well..Up util this point I have been happy with the machine but unhappy with sales and service..curious to see what happens now..

tmorg, there is a current thread, right now, on this very subject. Apparently, this is a common issue. Good news is that it is quite easy, so reported, to repair yourself.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1898609#post1898609

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #22  
tmorg1220,we are suffering because b-c did not properly educate their dealers.I,v had to clue them in on thier own tractors.My 235 manual clearly states new filters and all fluids at 50 hrs.The shop forman was the one who told me for the first and most important he,d use b-c products and after that do your own thing.By the way the fluid spec is api GL4 hydro with the wet brake additive.I,v already switched to cenex enviro max 5w40 syn oil as my tractor must start in northern Mn. winters and get lubed fast.It,s working great!We do have great tractors,just some teething pains.:thumbsup:

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #23  
So I just got my tractor back from the bobcat dealer, I took them a month to get in a new oil cooler, but they gave me a loaner skid steer to use while my tractor was in the shop. I had bobcat do the 50 hr. service while they had it. So heres the deal with changing diff. oil and hyd. oil.... follow the maintenance schedule in your owners manual. In my case diff oil and hyd. oil does not get changed at 50 hrs, filters only. (this could be because I have an older machine or manual?) Anyway, glad to have my machine back! gottat get to bushogging..what happened to spring?

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #24  
The Operation and Maintenance Manual, CT445 Tractor, 6987075 (8-08), page PM-7, states the 50hr service, among other things, entails:

1.) Replace engine oil and filter

2.) Replace hydraulic & hydrostatic filters

3.) Replace Hydraulic (Trans/Diff) fluid and filter

Apparently they separated items 2 & 3 in the chart since after the initial 50hr service, they each have a separate service schedule. Going forward, the filters would be changed every 200hrs and the fluid & filter every 400hrs.

Easy for someone to misunderstand the chart in my manual.

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #25  
Mine reads the same way John.
I had my dealer give me a quote to have the 50 hour service done.
3 hours labor @ 85 bucks an hour.
They did not quote anything for pick up or delivery.
$255 bucks for parts and fluids.
$476.92 total

I know I can do it, but not sure I wanna chance the 50 hour due to warranty issues

/ 50 hour service done ct225 filter exam #26  
I've always performed my own maintenance EXCEPT for the initial ones like this. Have always viewed it as insurance against a dealer balking on an early warranty claim. It does appear to be extremely overpriced oil.