Using Mobil 1 Synthetic OK?

/ Using Mobil 1 Synthetic OK? #1  

chazzy

Bronze Member
I use Mobil 1 or equivalent synthetic oil on all my vechicles, cars, trucks, motorcycle, ATV, boat, even on my Toro 6-hp lawn mower engine. Would it be OK to use it on my CT230 diesel engine?

Last edited:
   / Using Mobil 1 Synthetic OK? #2  
I use Mobile One in my gas engines and Shells synthetic Rotella in my diesels. Have not looked to see if Mobile One is rated for diesel but look at the ratings on the bottle.

/ Using Mobil 1 Synthetic OK? #3  
What kthompson said. Check M1's ratings re:diesel. I like Rotella for diesels as well.

M1 might be overkill for small engines.

Frequent changes with a quality conventional oil would be better, especially considering that most small engines have no oil filter, are run infrequently, and can experience oil dilution and condensation issues more so that a automotive engine.

I do like M1, its a quality oil and I run it in my F150 due to known issues with valvetrain noise and wear in that engine. ATV's and other small engines usually get Quaker state, with spring and fall changes.

/ Using Mobil 1 Synthetic OK? #4  
Mobil Delvac 1 is their synthetic for diesels.

/ Using Mobil 1 Synthetic OK? #5  
They also have a M1 - Turbo Diesel / Truck 5w40 - which may be the same at the Delvac but in a different package..

IIRC - all the other M1 oils are primarily for gas engines BUT are rated CF (a quite old oil specification) for diesels

Brian