Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230, Bobcat 325 Excavator, John Deere X300

Default Grease Fittings Not Taking Grease

Any of you having trouble with the grease fittings on the tractor (CT230) taking grease? The loader fittings have been taking grease with no issues but i've had no luck with the ones on the tractor.

Any tips?

Default Re: Grease Fittings Not Taking Grease

Sometimes replacing the Zerk's or cleaning them out will help.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Elite Member

Seems to happen all the time{on mini ex} dirt is the monster. Just have to clean them out. If that doesn't work time for a new zerk

Gold Member

Think I remember posts in the past where they used a small nail to poke in and get the zerk to accept grease
    Bill

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 3800 HST

Northern Tool sells a tool to clear reluctant fittings. It is a tube with a close fitting plunger. You fill the tube with oil, put the tip on the fitting and hit the plunger with a hammer. Used to be called a Dynamiter, every service station had one. That was in the days when service stations actually serviced vehicles.
    Smilinjak

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by smilinjak View Post
    Northern Tool sells a tool to clear reluctant fittings. It is a tube with a close fitting plunger. You fill the tube with oil, put the tip on the fitting and hit the plunger with a hammer. Used to be called a Dynamiter, every service station had one. That was in the days when service stations actually serviced vehicles.
    Smilinjak
    I have used a similar tool for 30 years + and they work great. Word of caution, be careful on zerks on the angle. You can easily break those off when you hit the tool with a hammer. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040

My concern with driving the dirt/old grease in would be driving that crap into the area ya wanna keep clean. Take the zerk out before driving the stuff thru it.
    I used a can of break cleaner yesterday....remove the zerk, & use the straw to wash it out from the inside, then re-install.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

I've had to replace four zerks on my CT335 in the last year and half, two on the loader and two on the tractor. The zerks looked clean and the balls would push down, but they would not take grease. I keep some zerks on hand so it is not a big deal. Easier to replace than futz with 'em.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

My tool is called the "Rejuvenator." I just used it today to unclog two fittings on my loader.

There have been other posts on this subject, elsewhere. These unclogging tools seem to get a bad rap (pardon the pun), but I've used the Rejuvenator five or six times and it's done the job each time. One criticism is that dirt may be forced into the bearings. Well, maybe, but something tells me the risk of this, or the impact of it, is truly overblown.

It takes a little finessing but you get the hang of it. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.

Be sure to bleed any air from the oil chamber. Just squirt a little oil out.

Another tip is to take pressure off the part the grease fitting serves. For example, don't try to unclog a fitting on a loader with the loader up in the air!

Finally, don't tap too hard. A steady, firm tap is what you want, to slowly force the oil in.

I don't mind "futzing." At least I don't have to futz around trying to research and buy the right-size zerk.
    A tractor powers more than tools---it drives a way of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast