Snow New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS #1  

Workaholic

picked it up today, new to me 98hr demo. Had the dealer install the quick attach front bucket setup to seal the deal. Bought this 5 foot bobcat plow for it. Going to look at bush hogger tommorow.

Will add more pics soon.

BOBCAT PLOW 001.jpg
BOBCAT PLOW 003.jpg
9831a1f_20.jpg

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS #3  
nice, looks like someone is ready to play... i mean work of course

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS #4  
good lookin' rig there workaholic. Had my share of snowplowin' years ago when I lived just across the river from you in the burbs of Detroit. Moved to Texas--- hadn't seen 5 inches in 10 years!:p

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS #5  
Nice rig! I picked up a CT225 this summer that I plan on using to push snow, but so far just have the loader. It's about that time of year for a lot of pickup plows to go on sale, so I'll see if I can get a deal on an old beater. Does the plow angle steal the curl circuit, or do you have another way to tap in up front?

-rus-

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS #6  
I am also curious to see how you do the hydraulic angle. I bought a similar plow earlier this year for my CT225 and I used the rear hydraulics to angle. I ran a 13' set of hoses from the rear to the front securing the hoses to the frame and body along the way. It isn't perfect, but it works okay. I am also curious to know if there is much risk of damaging the loader arms with this type of setup. I plan on taking it easy, but if you get snow before me (Northern WI), post up your impression.

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS #7  
I too am interested in the front hydraulics angle. I tried to purchase a set of hydraulic remotes (with the C230) on the loader and Bobcat came back with something to the effect of "no, hydraulic attachments would put too much stress on the FEL and would void the warranty." :confused:

Of course that does does not mean I'm not going to put a remote on mine.:)

Steve

/ New CT230 & snow plow w/PICS
Nice rig! I picked up a CT225 this summer that I plan on using to push snow, but so far just have the loader. It's about that time of year for a lot of pickup plows to go on sale, so I'll see if I can get a deal on an old beater. Does the plow angle steal the curl circuit, or do you have another way to tap in up front?

-rus-

Yes, would have been something stupid like $8-900 for front mount hydros than my angle and lift would have been 2 different levers. I just got the lines made up for the plow, they each measure 12.5' with plenty of slack. I adjusted the plow to the right curl angle before I swapped hydraulic lines. now Im going to weld a bracket on the loader and one on the plow so I can pin in a bar to keep the plow from saging over time. The plow is for a skidsteer too so I took 2 out of 4 trip springs out to make it trip over things easier rather than the loader arms taking the hit.

I was fortunate enough to get the quick attach kit on the loader and i found a good deal on this bobcat plow. But I have seen many people just weld tabs "ears" in the bucket so you can pin on a pickup truck plow (A-frame) than just get you hydro lines cut and your off to the races.

I am also curious to see how you do the hydraulic angle. I bought a similar plow earlier this year for my CT225 and I used the rear hydraulics to angle. I ran a 13' set of hoses from the rear to the front securing the hoses to the frame and body along the way. It isn't perfect, but it works okay. I am also curious to know if there is much risk of damaging the loader arms with this type of setup. I plan on taking it easy, but if you get snow before me (Northern WI), post up your impression.

I am hoping with 2 out of 4 trip springs out it will fold forward and glide over any hidden obstacles. The tractor is going to be doing ALOT of plowing so it better hold up. It starts its night with plowing industrial sidewalks at multible places in a big industrial subdivision, It will have a ballast box full of salt and a shovel too. Then it goes down the street, around the corner and down a ways to plow about 30 driveways on a high income street (that was a good idea$$$$ $45x30 in approx 8 hrs with an extra kid shoveling steps and doors. Then my driver gets a nap and trailers it into the city where it does 12-18 schools (sidewalks). Im hoping everything goes perfect and doesnt break down :confused::(:confused::eek: I did manage to find a really responsible and experienced friend to operate it.

Almost done my light bar on the rops.. includes backup and forward light, and a reallllly cool LED strobe unit. Will post pics soon.