Backhoe Woods BH80X Backhoe

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
Has anyone installed a Woods BH80X or BH70X on a CT235?

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #2  
I have a BH70X which I just took off of a Kubota L3130 and have contacted Woods to see if they have an underframe mount for me to use on a potential CT450 I am looking at. The short answer is "no" and they don't have any plans to do so anytime soon. I tried to see if they had a Kioti version (which should be the same) but again "no".

I would be interested to know how you conquer the problem as I am heartbroken not to be able to use my Woods backhoe on the Bobcat tractor. If I go Bobcat vice sticking with Kubota, I will have to sell my backhoe at a loss and then purchase new, a Bobcat backhoe for the CT450. That means lots of $$$$ to replace an already great backhoe.

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe
I have a BH70X which I just took off of a Kubota L3130 and have contacted Woods to see if they have an underframe mount for me to use on a potential CT450 I am looking at. The short answer is "no" and they don't have any plans to do so anytime soon. I tried to see if they had a Kioti version (which should be the same) but again "no".

I would be interested to know how you conquer the problem as I am heartbroken not to be able to use my Woods backhoe on the Bobcat tractor. If I go Bobcat vice sticking with Kubota, I will have to sell my backhoe at a loss and then purchase new, a Bobcat backhoe for the CT450. That means lots of $$$$ to replace an already great backhoe.

Have you checked the Woods "Backhoe Subframe Mounting Kits" page?
Woods Equipment Company - Manuals
(see third selection down)

I was able to download the subframe manual for the Kioti CK35. Even though the Bobcat CT235 has an Alamo Grp./Rhino loader, all of the mounts appear to be exactly the same... and in the same place.

I don't know if the CT450 is the same as the Kioti DK45, but the DK45 is on the subframe mount web page (abv). You may want to download the subframe manual(s) for the Kioti and compare it to the underside of the CT450... and inquire further from there.

I'd much rather have a Woods than the one offered by Bobcat. I feel your pain. I'd hate to part with one if I already had one. I haven't purchased the Woods just yet... still working with the small one on my BX23TLB. I'll break down one of these days and spend the cash. Good luck!

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #4  
I'll do that thanks. My BH70X has it's own hydraulic reservoir and pump which runs off of the PTO of the tractor which is apparently not very common. I selected this option as it eliminates the potential for fluid contamination in the tractor to affect the backhoe and vice versa. I am told it also makes the backhoe run smoother. It would be really nice if I could continue to use it on a Bobcat. Thanks again.

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #5  
I have never seen a backhoe frame but I would think that a good welding/fabricating shop could make you a frame that would allow you to use your hoe on a bobcat.

If you are close to a dealer, I would go there and take a couple of pictures of the sub frame on another tractor and then check with a local welding shop.

I bought a snow plow for my truck a few years ago and western did not offer a mount for it without converting it to another style of mounting which was going to be another $600 without the wiring, it was also going to require removing my front hooks which I did not like the idea of. I took it to a local welder and he made me a frame for it that works perfectly and it only takes about 15 min to remove the part of the frame that is seen, after plowing season is over.

You would probably have to leave your tractor/hoe for a few days but I bet they could do it.

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #6  
When I was looking at the Kioti CK20 and the bobcat CT122, that is a queston I had.
Now all the woods subframes will work at the rear, it is where they attach at the front at the loader. The woods sub frames are made to attach to a Kioti loader bracket (or replace it).
After much research it looked as though the woods sub frame "would" work with the Bobcat loader as is or with minor mods.

Slack

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #7  
I actually removed the subframe assembly from my Kubota when I sold it and it is quite a piece of work. The frame originates at the loader assembly up front, comes under the rear axel and then has another section that bolts over the axel thereby enclosing it. Additionally, there are spacers that move the four point assembly in or out to meet the specs of the loader itself. It is quite an engineering project to design this bracket. I would be afraid that if I had it "produced" it might fail and worse yet, void the warranty on the tractor or the backhoe. The bracket alone retails for about $1500 dollars.

I think I'll see what Kioti frame equates to the Bobcat CT450 frame and then see if Woods makes a bracket. Something else to complicate the matter is that the subframe assembly for a cabbed tractor is different than the frame for a non-cabbed tractor. So they may have a frame for the Kioti non-cabbed version but not the cabbed version.

Confused enough yet?????

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #8  
I'll do any of them bring them by!!!

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #9  
Rick,

Woods lists a fitment for the KIOTI DK45S with cab but not the DK 45SE with cab. My Bobcat CT450 uses the DK45SE frame according to Bobcat. Do you know if the two frames are the same?

Thanks, Paul

/ Woods BH80X Backhoe #10  
No they are not the same and Woods does not make a mount to fit a Kioti SE cab tractor.