CT230 First Troubles

/ CT230 First Troubles #11  
Howdy Canada_CT230, I'm thinking you are dealing with BOBCAT on Rte 90 in Winnipeg? How have you found their service? So far they have treated me like royalty. Very impressed!

Happy Holidays,

Airbusdriver

/ CT230 First Troubles
Nope.

They took three weeks to answer my email about getting a quotation/info on the CT230. My dealer answered my email the very next morning.

I actually had purchased and took delivery of my machine by the time they got around to calling me. I told them they were a little too late.

If you snooze you lose.

/ CT230 First Troubles #13  
My oil cooler started to leak too. I was out blowing some snow in no temperature (around 0 degrees F). I guess this is a known COLD weather problem. If you live where it gets cold like this, you may want to ask your dealer about it. They gave me a replacement that isn't exactly the same, slightly different dimensions. Apparently they have a fix for the cold weather cracking, since it's different than the original. CT225.

/ CT230 First Troubles
I have not have any further issues since the new (different sized) oil cooler went in. It is a completely different design and does look beefier. Knock on wood!

We had much colder temps since that leak occurred. I also let it run a minimum of 15 minutes before moving the tractor. I then back it out and cycle all hydraulics to circulate the oil. Then I start to drive slow. Hopefully all this works for many many years to come.

/ CT230 First Troubles #15  
My replacement oil cooler looks like the original. slightly different dimensions, like 1/4 inch taller, but painted silver rather than black.

Attachments

• oilcooler.jpg
    oilcooler.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 698
   / CT230 First Troubles
That is in now way the same as my replacement cooler. Mine is much larger and of different construction.

I had a difficult time in getting a good photo but maybe this weekend I'll try again.

/ CT230 First Troubles #17  
okay saw a few drop of fluid under my CT225 the last couple days and did not think anything of it, well popped the hood tonight and guess what the entire oil cooler is caked in fluid, is this what happened to you all? how easy is it to replace etc or does it make a huge mess replacing it? Will be off to the bobcat dealer tomorrow!

/ CT230 First Troubles
Don't use it. That is when it makes a huge mess. The radiator fan sucks and sprays it all all around the engine compartment.

What I did was to take all hydro pressure out of the lines by lowering the 3pt and FEL (wiggle the levers).

Move the air filter assembly out of the way. Crack the nuts on top of the cooler. Remove the two nuts holding the cooler to the tractor frame. Remove the two hydro lines. Be careful not to lose the o-rings in there. Does not make a huge mess but I did put a plastic bag over the hydro lines. The cooler will be full of oil. Keep it upright or drain it.

Install is just reverse. Check fluid level and add as required.

/ CT230 First Troubles #19  
Hey Msiewert96, Let us know what your replacement looks like. Like my pic, or like Canada_CT230's pic. Also I'll second his description of the change. It's pretty easy if you remove the battery and air cleaner and doesn't cause much of a mess.

/ CT230 First Troubles #20  
will do they did not have in stock so should be getting this week and since its warranty they can install it for me :) funny though know one has heard of this being an issue, jump over to the kioti thread and you see all sorts of this issue