CT230 First Troubles

/ CT230 First Troubles #41  
my dealer here in WI told me I had to start it and let it "warm up" before using it, yeah right, mine is stored in my house attached garage, where it probably never get below 40 degrees all winter

/ CT230 First Troubles
Well you can tell your dealer this.

I live in Canada. The first to have this problem and started this thread. It was only about 10F (minus 12C) here when mine split and made a huge mess.

My tractor was started and warmed up for 20 minutes prior to working it. The block heater was on all day too!

The cooler split at the end of my work. I was just finishing up cleaning snow when I smelt the hot hydraulic fluid and a spray mist.

This is a weak designed cooler and not a cold weather issue. Well maybe not completely true. The thicker oil makes the weak cooler split more readily. But it wouldn't have to be very cold to get thicker hyd oil.

/ CT230 First Troubles #43  
Update, KCbobcat sent out a road tech this morning and he replaced the oil cooler in about 5 minutes. It was a very simple job, and I guess I'm a little embarrassed I didn't do it myself, but when they offered to send out road service to fix it, I didn't turn them down. Of coarse I told them that I wouldn't pay for that service so if they were going to charge me for it, I'd bring it in myself.
I am very happy w. my dealer service so far, and would recommend these guys to anyone.

The tech removed the straps that hold the air filter, pulled it out of the way. He loosened the banjo bolt fitting going into the top of the oil cooler. He took off the two nuts the hold the cooler in place, then finished removing the banjo bolts. He pulled out the cooler, and put the new one in the same way the old came out. The cooler is of the newer design like someone else posted pics on.

/ CT230 First Troubles #44  
My tractor doesn't have this cooler. Is it just on HST models?

/ CT230 First Troubles
What model do you have? I believe that there is only an HST until I think you get into the 4xx series.

/ CT230 First Troubles #47  
My tractor doesn't have this cooler. Is it just on HST models?

It looks like you have a CK25 Shuttle shift Kioti. I believe the oil cooler is specific to the hydrostatic transmission.

/ CT230 First Troubles #48  
It looks like you have a CK25 Shuttle shift Kioti. I believe the oil cooler is specific to the hydrostatic transmission.

That makes me feel a whole lot smarter:laughing:

I kept reading these posts, both here and in the Kioti forum, about the cooler. I never saw a post that said they were specific to the HSTs. I kept looking for it my tractor, but couldn't find it. I suspected the reason; now I'm sure of it.

/ CT230 First Troubles #49  
I actually have 2 of those oil coolers, brand new. bought a few extras after the first one left me stranded on the Job. No longer have my CT230 and would be willing to sale both the coolers for $50 shipped within the US. Shoot me a message if interested, just trying to help someone out and plus you will have a spare :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / CT230 First Troubles #50  
I havent read any threads on this happening recently.
Hopefully Kioti and Bobcats tractors have this issue resolved now