CT230 First Troubles

/ CT230 First Troubles #61  
Couldn't tell you for sure...don't have parts manual. Educated guess is yes...since the CT225/230/235 share the same frame size.

In the courtroom I will deny ever knowing you and deny giving any advice. :laughing:

I am not the eBay seller. I just remember seeing it a while ago while searching "Bobcat" on eBay.
Ha ha... ok. It looks exactly like the one I have on my tractor. Just curious. I haven't had a leak, but I may buy one just in case.

/ CT230 First Troubles #62  
The bad oil cooler thread lives on....My tractor is from the same spring of 09 as most of the others with this problem. I've about 150 hrs on mine and I just noticed that the cooler is all "wet" and stuck full of dandalion puff. My local dealer quoted me $259 and he said his catalog said I would need new hoses too but he wasn't sure that was true. Did anyone have to replace hoses? Thanks

Yes, you do need new hoses to install the new cooler. Not only is it built for better durabilty it is larger for increase cooling capacity. Have your dealer contact the BC rep, I would be supprised if he didn't approve for fair share of parts cost if not full cost of parts.

gumshu, Same cooler fits all 200 model Bobcat and Kioti CK25, 27, 30, & 35.

You could buy that $50 cooler on ebay and hope it doesn't start leaking in next 150 hrs. or have the new style put on and have some piece of mind. Easier for me to say because mine has the updated cooler on it.

/ CT230 First Troubles #63  
Yes, you do need new hoses to install the new cooler. Not only is it built for better durabilty it is larger for increase cooling capacity. Have your dealer contact the BC rep, I would be supprised if he didn't approve for fair share of parts cost if not full cost of parts.

gumshu, Same cooler fits all 200 model Bobcat and Kioti CK25, 27, 30, & 35.

You could buy that $50 cooler on ebay and hope it doesn't start leaking in next 150 hrs. or have the new style put on and have some piece of mind. Easier for me to say because mine has the updated cooler on it.

Agreed

/ CT230 First Troubles #64  
Thanks guys. The newer cooler sounds like the way to go.

/ CT230 First Troubles #65  
New cooler is the way to go. Several people have done it with existing hoses so I'll try that first.

/ CT230 First Troubles #66  
New cooler installed. Wow was that easy, expensive, but easy. Hope this one holds up a long time. I took the battery out for better access and I notice a lot of corrosion from the battery. That will need to be sanded down and re painted. Didn't have time today.

/ CT230 First Troubles #67  
New cooler installed. Wow was that easy, expensive, but easy. Hope this one holds up a long time. I took the battery out for better access and I notice a lot of corrosion from the battery. That will need to be sanded down and re painted. Didn't have time today.

SO YOU WERE ABLE TO RE USE THE HOSES?