Purchasing Bobcat CT122

/ Purchasing Bobcat CT122 #1  

CoSed22

Hey guys. I'm new to the site. Looks like there is a ton of good information and feedback provided here.

I'm looking at buying a CT122 w/ FEL. I have a landscaping business in Iowa. We do lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, and tree work.

I'm looking at buying the CT122 for snow removal and landscaping work.

I'm interested if anybody has gone out and got a quote from a dealer in the last week. Looks like Bobcat is offering up to $3,000 in rebates on their tractors in lieu of financing. I got a cash quote for $13,400 w/ FEL.

I don't believe it included any rebates. I'm not sure if the dealer is participating. I'm sent him a message and am waiting to hear back.

Feel free to provide any feedback you might have on purchasing the CT122!

/ Purchasing Bobcat CT122 #2  
That quote actually sounds just about right being a smaller frame. While I was waiting for my 230 to be delivered in Dec I emailed a few dealers to see what the going price was at the time I was quoted between 17k and almost 19k for cash.
You might if they are around you look at the Kioti which is the same as the Bob just a longer warranty 3yrs I believe they are offering in line rebates right now.
Now for the CT122 I am not sure but does that only have the High(not enough power to use range) and low(too slow to get anything accomplished range) or is it a 3speed H,M,L.
I have the 230 really do not know enough about it(to **** cold) to give you an honest review I brought it just because of the price but I read the 225 and 230 is a little under powered for the weight of it guess I will find out in spring when I start shredding with it. What I can tell you is it looks like they fixed the paint problem as I received mine with a couple of chips in paint near seat and low&behold they used primer earlier reports were they just sprayed it but fit and finish is decent and cannot complain especially for what they were selling them for.

/ Purchasing Bobcat CT122
I too think the price is reasonable. It would be great if I could get a rebate on top of the $13,400. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from the dealer.

As for being under powered I have heard that the CT120 was a bit under powered. However it looks like they came out with the CT122 with a little more horsepower.

Has anybody had any experience with running snow blowers on these tractors. They now make a front blower for them. I do a lot of residential driveways so this would come in handy in certain situations.

Thanks for the feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

/ Purchasing Bobcat CT122 #4  
The CT120/122 are not underpowered but they do have two speed HST which is not as flexible as a three speed. Mowing in hilly areas requires low range which is OK for heavy bush hogging but a pain if you are doing routine finish mowing. On flat areas it is easy to mow in high range. My comments are based on experience with the Kioti CK20 HST.