Block Heater Installation Instructions

/ Block Heater Installation Instructions
Somehow the zip works for some and not for others, its worked sucessfully on 3 computers for me, but either way, i will create the zip file from a different program tonight and re-upload it.

Its an easy installation BTW. It took me 2 hrs total over 2 days because I took my time and waited 24hrs to let the loctite cure.

/ Block Heater Installation Instructions #12  
Just post it in its original PDF form.

/ Block Heater Installation Instructions #13  
You drain down your coolant.
Take a screw driver poke a hole in the soft plug right in front of the starter on the driver side pull that out.
Clean the hole out we usually put a rag there to soak up the antifreeze.
Take the drive in insert put a bead of loc-tite around it, I use a impact socket and a long extension and I drive the insert in gently.
I apply Teflon tape to the element threads, screw it in and snug it up.
I then take soapy water and lube the nut that holds the 110 wire on and tighten that up.
I put the soapy water on so when I tighten it up it doesn't try to rotate the Cord.
Then pour the antifreeze back in.
It takes about a 1/2 hour.
It's just a tiedius job.

Just post it in its original PDF form.

Hate to be rude but apparently you didn't read my reasoning for not attaching the .pdf but, I will address that again.....

"Block_Heater_Installation_Instructions.pdf:
Your file of 3.23 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 1,000.0 KB for this filetype."

So unless you have a way to get around the forums limit of just shy of 1 MB of data your stuck with a .zip file because the only file format with a higher max size allowance.

Can somebody please post if this new link works? If so Mods please delete the first attachment. Thanks

/ Block Heater Installation Instructions #15  
It still says invalid/corrupt. Thank you for the PM w/ the attachment.

I already have a block heater installed but always like the knowledge of how it was installed so that you can take it out properly if required.

/ Block Heater Installation Instructions #16  
Hate to be rude but apparently you didn't read my reasoning for not attaching the .pdf but, I will address that again.....
Sorry dude,,,I totally didn't see your response on that.

/ Block Heater Installation Instructions #17  
Lets see,,,,

Last edited:
No butts, and I didn't take it as being rude.

My bad, long day.

If it still doesn't work for any of you, PM me your email address. I compressed the file both with the zip function within Windows and winrar so its not the program. The only thing left is the file name size may be giving some of you issues. I would try renaming the download to something short then unzip. Other than that, I give up. I can email the file to anybody who wants it.