Loader Valve O-rings?

/ Loader Valve O-rings? #1  

tinman955

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Bobcat CT450 Cab Hoe
Has anybody else had problems with their loader valves leaking? I have 100 hrs on my CT440 and have replaced all 4 atleast once and some twice. Any idea what a guy can do to eliminate this problem, checking with my dealer is not an option, they couldnt fix themselves a sandwich let alone my tractor.

I was at a big snow removal job and ran my loader for about 8hrs today scooping snow piles and had to replace 2 onsite.

Any help would be great

/ Loader Valve O-rings? #2  
Sounds like the plating on the piston rod is pitting or not too smooth. I would inspect them with carefully you may find a defect in plating. If so you could sand it our with some 2000 grit sand paper. Have you contacted bobcat directly or another dealer. You should not be having this problem. You may be able to contact rhino maybe as well. But for now i would look for burs or problems with the plating and get in touch with bobcat corporate. You have had alot of problems with this machine correct?

/ Loader Valve O-rings?
Yes I have had fair share of problems with this unit for sure. The first repair was done by dealer tech, he replaced 2 at that time and he said everything looked fine but also said it happens all the time get used to it:mad:

Since then Ive replaced several also and have looked at surface of valve and everything looked ok but what do I know. Is there a better O-ring to use and how tight should they be?

Thanks again

/ Loader Valve O-rings? #4  
Sounds like the plating on the piston rod is pitting or not too smooth. I would inspect them with carefully you may find a defect in plating. If so you could sand it our with some 2000 grit sand paper. Have you contacted bobcat directly or another dealer. You should not be having this problem. You may be able to contact rhino maybe as well. But for now i would look for burs or problems with the plating and get in touch with bobcat corporate. You have had alot of problems with this machine correct?

I think you are on the wrong page...He is having a problem with the loader valve not the cylinders.

/ Loader Valve O-rings?
Rick, yr correct my loader valve is leaking at the machined faced side where my loader lines plug into, the threaded part that goes into the valve has o-rings that are giving me fits. Just trying to figure out how tight or is there a special or better type o-ring????

Thanks
James

/ Loader Valve O-rings? #6  
We had a problem on the Kioti side...they were giving us the wrong thread pitch adapter.
Not sure if that is on the Bobcat side also...
As far as o-rings don't use a harbor freight o-ring kit.
We get ours from our hydraulic hose supplier.

/ Loader Valve O-rings?
Thats my next stop on my way home, hose shop. I'll get some of their o-rings and try them.

Thanks