Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #1  

CheckerBill

Has anyone tried using a Bobcat hydraulicly driven snow blower on there tractors front hydraulics??? Since my tractor has of course the BobTach and front hydrolics that I use for a snowplow I was wondering it it was enough to run a snowblower. I know that our tractors have less GPM and Pressure than a Bobcat Skid Steer.
Thanx in advance for any help.

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #2  
checkerbill,I had the new frntmnt blower installed about amonth ago,nice unit blows like crazy.Was told the tractors only supply about half the flow the hyd. blower needs.Ipaid 3775.00 installed,hope this helps.

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers
Thank for the info

Crusty 1
The snow blower you put on your tractor was it hydrolicly driven or midmount PTO? If hydrolic what brand was it?

airbusdriver
I have a CT440

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #5  
We custom mount hydraulic front Snow-Blowers on KIOTI Tractors, and any other model. The tractor hydraulics are not sufficient to develop the horsepower necessary at the blower. Our hydraulic Snow-Blowers run off an independent hydraulic system from the rear PTO.

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #6  
Agree with MichiganIron. You will not have enough flow to effectively run a hydraulic snowblower. My Toolcat has a rear hydraulic pto that uses 3000 psi at 27 gpm on a 60 snowblower. It runs it quite well but I can still stop it in moderate to deep, wet snow if I go too fast.

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers
MichiganIron- I kinda figured that. I will call you on Monday about the unit you manufacture

radman1-The rear PTO runs a pump? or the pump is intergeral with the PTO?
I've seen a ToolCat but never looked one over good

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #8  
radman1-The rear PTO runs a pump? or the pump is intergeral with the PTO? I've seen a ToolCat but never looked one over good

IIRC, the rear PTO on the toolcat is a hydraulic motor that has PTO splines on the output shaft.

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #9  
To any one interested, I have 63" PTO driven front mount snowblower. It works great, the only issues are the ground clearance. Once the snow is gone, because of the low ground clearance, the under frame mount will have to be removed. The front mount blower is far superior to use than the rear mount, that it is worth the extra effort. Hope this helps you.

/ Hydraulic Driven Snowblowers #10  
I forgot to say its driven by shaft off mid pto.Works grat 3775.00 installed.Dealer says it will out blow hydr. blower by a mile.I blow snow about 40 feet at 17-1800 rpm.Hope this helps those looking into front mount blowers.