Mowing 3 point/or mid mount for ct235?

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #1  

crusty 1

Platinum Member
Well fellow tractor guys any one have an opinion on the different mowers for lawn mowing.I havent bought a mower yet as we this have much snow but never too early to start to kook at options.Thanks in advance for any and all directions.CT235

Last edited:
   / 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #2  
I prefer 3 point mowers simply because they are faster and easier to install/remove. Less expensive to buy.
Mid mount mowers generally cost more but are a little bit easier to maneuver if you have a lot of objects to trim around.

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #3  
Find a dealer or neighbor that will lend you a 3pt mower to test out on your lawn. If you can maneuver it around your yard, get it. The only downside to the 3pt mower is maneuverability. I have a pretty tight lawn but make it work with a 3pt mower because of the ease of use.

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #4  
When I was looking at mowers for my 230, I looked at both types. The MMM was only available in 66". The price tag on it was $3200 or somewhere around there, I don't remember exactly. I ended up with a 72" 3 point that I bought used for $400. It mows great! I was told by my dealer that I could use up to 84" and I may upgrade at some point.

One thing to keep in mind is the weight of the tractor. The wheels mash the grass down so that by the time the mower gets to it, it is still mashed down a little. I don't know if the MMM would be better in that regard or not.

I have the GP tires and live in IN. I don't know what kind of grass you have, mine is more of a fescue. I mow around 4 acres and have lots of trees but I also I have a ZTR to take care of all the trimming.

Hope that helps.

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #5  
I have a mid mount mower that came with my CT120. If I was buying again I would go with the 3 point. My two main complaints are; 1) clearance, the mower doesn't raise up high enough to suit me. 2) It is a pain to take off and put on.

If you intend to use it primarily to mow then the MMM would be fine but in my case mowing is a secondary use.

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235?
Thank you all for your tips I guess I,v been hoping most would go 3 point cause I,m gettin too danged old to be lying on my head to hock things up!

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #7  
I agree w. the 3pt. as well. I have a 72" landpride, rear discharge and I really like it. Luckily, I don't have a lot to mow around, but I can mow about 4 acres in an hour and a half with it.

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #8  
I went with a 3 point also. I bought a 72'' king kutter rear discharge. Way easier to pull the blades off for a sharpening.
Bobcat CT2300002.jpg

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235?
Do the tire tracks cause much crushing ofthe grass or do the mowers do a pretty good job of lifting the grass back up to be cut?

/ 3 point/or mid mount for ct235? #10  
I am the proud owner of the first 66" mid mount mower from Bobcat, one word It stinks! It cuts really nice and is not that bad to get on and off once you get used to it but it by no means raises high enough and the height of cut control is the absolute worst design I have ever seen!!! basically you have to leave it in the highest position and even then it cuts the grass too short for my taste! I did have the 3pt finish mower from Bobcat on loan while waiting for the mid to come in which was fine but for getting around trees etc, the mid mount is better