540/1000 PTO

/ 540/1000 PTO #1  

galaxie428

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
I am looking at a PTO roller pump for a 300 gal sprayer I have. The pump states that it operates at 540 or 1000 for the PTO. What does that mean? Can I do something differently to my 230 to make the PTO 1000 rpm?

Thanks.

/ 540/1000 PTO #2  
Bigger tractors often have different rpm ranges for the pto. Some of the older compacts did too but I think most are all just 540 now. Thats a feature I wish was still available. Its nice for roller pumps and even pto hydro pumps.

/ 540/1000 PTO #3  
I was thinking about building a spray outfit out of a 55 gal poly drum and getting a delvan roller pump.

Do you know if that would be to small of a tank for a sprayer?

/ 540/1000 PTO
I was thinking about building a spray outfit out of a 55 gal poly drum and getting a delvan roller pump.

Do you know if that would be to small of a tank for a sprayer?

I don't know that the tank size would make a difference, it would just depend on how much area you are spraying and how many times you wanted to have to stop and refill the tank if your tank was too small for your area.

If you get a roller pump, be sure you plan to add a relief valve and line back to your tank. Even at just idle, my pump was more than my system could handle and I didn't want to have to creep along while spraying.

I have an old ag sprayer that I talked a guy into giving me that I use. A few new lines and air in the tires and a good cleaning and everything was good. It is a plastic 300 gal tank and is a pull behind type on two wheels. It has two booms (that I cut down to match my yard) and the flow control still works so I can run all three sections in any combination. I have 10 nozzles total.

Just for reference, it takes me about 130 gal to spray 3 acres. I think that is what I figured up when using LV-400 broadleaf spray from Rural King.

/ 540/1000 PTO #5  
Thanks Jason, I have 6 acres of lawn and have been using the wimpy 14 gallon pull behind, so I guess 55 gal is an improvement, and I doubt I will be so lucky as to find one that someone will give me like you did

/ 540/1000 PTO #6  
Usually the front or belly pto on cuts will be 1000 rpm:)

/ 540/1000 PTO
Thanks Jason, I have 6 acres of lawn and have been using the wimpy 14 gallon pull behind, so I guess 55 gal is an improvement, and I doubt I will be so lucky as to find one that someone will give me like you did

You might be suprised. I would check around with some of your local farmers. I doubt many of them use them old sprayers anymore.

I see you live in Ft Wayne, you are ways north of me but I know the farmer on the next road south of me has two or three of these sprayers sitting in his barn lot. I don't know how far you would be willing to drive to pick one up but I could get you his phone number and you could see if he was willing to part with one.

/ 540/1000 PTO #9  
Sure Jason, if you could do that it would be great. I will add my e mail address to my profile

/ 540/1000 PTO #10  
On my Kioti CK30 there is a lever next to the range selector where I can select PTO High/Low/Neutral. High being 1000rpm and Low being 540rpm