Great tractor little after thought

/ Great tractor little after thought #1  

crusty 1

Platinum Member
Anyone else believe the bobcat is agreat tractor but attachments leave something to be desirered?My front snowblower works very well but so planning could have done better.I,m hearing the mid mount mowers don,t leave enough adjustment and whats with the over priced hydr. fld?I,d have hoped better of this great American Co. .I have multiple sclerosis and bought my ct 235 to save me from work not to make things harder for me.Please get your act together!

/ Great tractor little after thought #2  
I don't have much experience with any of the attachments but I am very happy with the tractor overall. I was a little disappointed to find out that my 230 does not have enough flow to run any of the bobcat attachments, or at least most of them. I got mine with the bobtach with the expectation that I could rent any attachments that I need. That was probably more my fault for not doing more research though.

Just an FYI to your comment of
I,d have hoped better of this great American Co.
, the compact tractor line is actually made in Korea, North Korea I believe.

/ Great tractor little after thought #3  
Just an FYI to your comment of , the compact tractor line is actually made in Korea, North Korea I believe.

Actually, the Bobcat compact tractors are made by Daedong located in South Korea (AKA Kioti in the USA). Bobcat was purchased (in 2007) by another South Korean Company (Doosan) which struck up a business relationship with Daedong to supply 'Bobcat' with their current line of compact utility tractors.

Don

/ Great tractor little after thought #4  
I don't have any experience w. Bobcat brand attachment, save for the front end loader. But I can tell you, I'm almost positive, Bobcat doesn't make any attachments for the CT's, They are made by know mfgs, but rebranded w. the Bobcat name and painted black. That is not really out of the norm for the tractor mfgs, even John Deere does this. I see no reason to purhcase the Bobcat branded attachment since there is a little too much markup on them anyway.

/ Great tractor little after thought #5  
I don't have much experience with any of the attachments but I am very happy with the tractor overall. I was a little disappointed to find out that my 230 does not have enough flow to run any of the bobcat attachments, or at least most of them. I got mine with the bobtach with the expectation that I could rent any attachments that I need. That was probably more my fault for not doing more research though.

Just an FYI to your comment of , the compact tractor line is actually made in Korea, North Korea I believe.

Yes, homework would have revealed that NO BRAND compact tractor in this hp class can drive many of the hydraulic-motor skid steer attachments. It's one are where skid steers excel over CUTS.

/ Great tractor little after thought #6  
It is my understanding (I spent some effort researching) that the mid mount mowers are actually made by Bobcat. (I was looking to buy one cheaper that wasn't painted black, if for instance Rhino or Buhler was making them for Bobcat.)

/ Great tractor little after thought #7  
I have this problem too but I knew that buying the tractor. I bought a hydrolic unit that you put on the 3pth to runn the skid steer atachment.
This a pain in the A** though. What it the smallest size tractor-any brand- that will have enough hydrolic to run skidsteer atachments???

/ Great tractor little after thought #8  
What it the smallest size tractor-any brand- that will have enough hydrolic to run skidsteer atachments???

Skidsteers can run 25-40 gpm at 3500 psi. The horsepower required to do that is outside the range of most compact tractors. 25gpm at 3500 psi takes 51HP. Assuming 80% efficiency, more like 64HP. Most tractors aren't set up to dedicate *all* of their engine horsepower to hydraulic pressure and flow...

-r-

/ Great tractor little after thought #9  
A kioti MMM will fit a Bobcat, if you can find one. Since Kioti no longer offers them, they may tell you made it for them. For some reason, I'm thinking it was Caroni.

/ Great tractor little after thought #10  
I have this problem too but I knew that buying the tractor. I bought a hydrolic unit that you put on the 3pth to runn the skid steer atachment.
This a pain in the A** though. What it the smallest size tractor-any brand- that will have enough hydrolic to run skidsteer atachments???

Can you tell me where you got that unit at? How do your control you attachment that is connected to it?