The wonderful world of the Bobcat!

/ The wonderful world of the Bobcat! #1  

Canada_CT230

Platinum Member
Tractor
1878 Ford 65N
Today is another spring day with heavy melting of snow going on. My back 7 acres of ag land (now tree farm) is half under water.

The problem is that the ditch was frozen up and not allowing water to drain.

The solution?! The CAT! I put the CT230 in low gear and drove it nose first into the ditch. Using the FEL I popped the ice/snow and opened up a channel for water to flow. I cleared about 100 feet this way and water is flowing like beer in a frat house.

/ The wonderful world of the Bobcat! #2  
Our snow has finally melted and it is good soggy yard rolling weather. I worked on that last weekend till my axle on the roller snapped. It was one I made out of a 300 gal tank with two 55 gal drums welded end to end and welded in the center of the 300 gal tank. I have concrete between the outside of the drums and inside of the tank for approx 4k lbs and I can also add water to the inside of the drums for an additional 1k. But the wieght became too much for the axle and it snapped, luckily on the outside where I could weld it together. I am back rolling again!

I don't know how I ever got along without my 230. While my wife was not quite so excited about the purchase, I think it was one of the best investments I have ever made!

I sure wish I had the cash to buy a box blade and a backhoe. I am hoping to pick up a tiller this summer.