New Attachment!

/ New Attachment! #1  

galaxie428

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
I have been looking for a while at both new and used 3-point tillers and I finally broke down and bought one. TSC had a sale yesterday and I bought a 60" King Kutter. It is gear driven and had very heavy duty blades on it.

It required some assy and they had the wrong support arms sent with it. I think they were for the 48" model so I had to go back to town and swap them out with another tiller they had.

I got it put together, oiled and greased up and gave it a try. It really chews up the soil and with the HST on my 230, I can go as slow as I want to make sure it is ground up good.

What takes me about an hour to till with my snapper tiller, took me about 15 min with the new tiller.

I was excited about it, my wife not so much!

/ New Attachment! #2  
:thumbsup:congrats, but......

WE NEED PICS!:D
can you tell us what you paid?
How big of an area do you till?

/ New Attachment! #3  
Sounds like a great deal but I didn't know of a sale at TSC. Thought about getting a tiller but need the PHD also. What was their sale price?

/ New Attachment! #4  
Congrats, that is something I have on my wish list. I'm glad to hear your 230 handles it well. That just makes me want one even more.

/ New Attachment! #5  
congrats, did you buy some black or orange paint thought too to get it in bobcat colors?:laughing:

/ New Attachment!
I will try to get some pics taken of it in the next few days.

can you tell us what you paid?
The TSC sale price was $1199 and I got them to throw in the gear oil. Rural King has the same model listed for $1500 and most other places are much higher than that.

I looked around for the past year hoping to come up with a used one but even the used ones were going for more than I paid for new and most were not local.

How big of an area do you till?
We have a couple of different gardens, each one is around 30'x100'.

congrats, did you buy some black or orange paint thought too to get it in bobcat colors?
No, I haven't bought any yet, yellow will have to do for a while! I would have loved to had the Bobcat tiller to match my tractor but if I recall correctly the price that was quoted to me was $3600. That was a little steep for me just for the correct paint!

/ New Attachment!
Here are a couple of pics.
IMG_2607a.jpg

IMG_2606a.jpg

IMG_2605a.jpg

IMG_2604a.jpg

/ New Attachment! #8  
nice tiller
My tractor is 2 days old and yours is a whole lot cleaner then mine is
:confused2:

/ New Attachment! #10  
"I was excited about it, my wife not so much!"

Now that was funny think mine would be more like I was so excited but **** not as much as my wife she was when I got home with it she just chopped off my nuts with a dang shovel

Nice pics of the tiller BTW. I have 230 glad to know its got enough umphhh!!! to do at least as wide as its tracks with a tiller