Oil & Fuel bobcats spendy hyd fluid

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #1  

crusty 1

Platinum Member
I,v posted this before but is worth bring up again.From a bobcat feild rep thier fluid is simply a GL4 with wet brake additive[nothing special]. I told the factory rep that if I needed the special b-c only fluid,that the magnusson moss act required them to provide it free.I havent checked for sure but I think this fluid is what most hyd trans use.I see no reason to pay bobcat 4 times the price.:laughing:

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #2  
I am with ya on buying more genaric oil. I'm looking to service my hydraulic fluid and it would cost a small fortune to buy 11 gallons. Thanks for the oil specs.

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #3  
I,v posted this before but is worth bring up again.From a bobcat feild rep thier fluid is simply a GL4 with wet brake additive[nothing special]. I told the factory rep that if I needed the special b-c only fluid,that the magnusson moss act required them to provide it free.I havent checked for sure but I think this fluid is what most hyd trans use.I see no reason to pay bobcat 4 times the price.:laughing:
Crusty, what is Bobcat getting for thier fluid brand? What brand do you plan to use when it comes time to replace? I bought 2 1/2 galons of Mobilfluid just to have on hand and it cost me about $35.00. Not sure what to replace it with when the time comes.

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #4  
I believe Bobcat is asking about $62 for 2 1/2 gallons of hydrostatic fluid. What's wrong with using the Mobilfluid? Kioti says to use Mobilfluid 424 in your tractor if it's painted orange. Do you suppose the hydrostatic drives need different fluid if they're painted white? :)

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #5  
I believe Bobcat is asking about $62 for 2 1/2 gallons of hydrostatic fluid. What's wrong with using the Mobilfluid? Kioti says to use Mobilfluid 424 in your tractor if it's painted orange. Do you suppose the hydrostatic drives need different fluid if they're painted white? :)

That's about double what I've been paying for John Deere fluid.

I am with ya on buying more genaric oil. I'm looking to service my hydraulic fluid and it would cost a small fortune to buy 11 gallons. Thanks for the oil specs.

I feel for you with the 11 gallons. I just went through 30 gallons doing fluid changes on my tractor and boom mower. Starts getting spendy.

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #6  
My dealer recommended using Mobilfluid, so I bought some to top off if I ran low. I thought Mobilfluid was expensive, but the Bobcat stuff is is way too high.

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid
I was outraged at cost.30 bucks a gallon.I believe mobil 424 has the right specs and if so its about 6 per gallon.But I paid the high price cuz when I took it in to have mid pto and blower installed they had to drain it,so there I was between a rock and a hard place.Long time till it needs to be changed again.

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #8  
I don't mind paying a little extra, but that stuff is crazy high and they can't even tell you why. You can get Chevron fluid which, I have been told, among the very best for about $13 a gallon.

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #9  
Good THFs should state brand-name equivalences in their specs.
I look for the JD J20 and the Kubota UDT equivalences stated. I was
buying Chevron 1000 THF for a long time, but now have converted to
the UnoCal 76 THF. Some Kubota dealers have decent prices on
UDT in 5-gal bkts, too. All were never over $10/gal and look/smell the same.
Nowadays, I have been able to have my empty 5-gal bkts refilled for
about $8/gal.

There are some THFs I have seen at Walmart and TSC that state no
such equivalences on the labels. Steer away from those and the
straight hyd fluids.

Note that Bobcat/Kioti has some generic clear hyd fluid in their tractors
when imported from Korea. Go to a THF soon in the first service (not
more than 50 hrs.).

/ bobcats spendy hyd fluid #10  
I have never seen any T.H. fluid that did not meet Kubota's Or JD specs.