Tiller Question

/ Tiller Question #1  

rossgtn

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I've got a CT235 w/R4's and I'm looking at KK tillers at TSC. I'm trying to hold out for a 10% discount on a 72" tiller (1,850.00). I'm stuck on the 72" because I want to make sure I can cover my tracks. They have a 60" on sale now for 1,550.00, which got me to thinking. The tiller itself has a fixed mount unlike the 48" model which can be shifted off center to cover your tracks. I was wondering if there would be enough adjustment in the pickup arms to shift the tiller just far enough left or right to cover my tracks with the 60" model? Is anyone using a 60" tiller on their tractor with R4 tires and can you cover your tire tracks? I'm trying to remember, I think the width with the R4's is 62". Suggestions welcome...

/ Tiller Question #2  
Does the tiller till 60" or is that the overall outside measurement of the unit? And is the tractor 62" wide outside to outside of the the rear tires? I'm thinking you may be happy with the 60" tiller centered. It's going to throw a little dirt beyond the tines and will probably cover your tracks. When I had tires that were 40" outside to outside, I used an RTS40 tiller that was supposed to only "till" 38" and it was perfect.

/ Tiller Question #4  
I've got a CT235 w/R4's and I'm looking at KK tillers at TSC. I'm trying to hold out for a 10% discount on a 72" tiller (1,850.00). I'm stuck on the 72" because I want to make sure I can cover my tracks. They have a 60" on sale now for 1,550.00, which got me to thinking. The tiller itself has a fixed mount unlike the 48" model which can be shifted off center to cover your tracks. I was wondering if there would be enough adjustment in the pickup arms to shift the tiller just far enough left or right to cover my tracks with the 60" model? Is anyone using a 60" tiller on their tractor with R4 tires and can you cover your tire tracks? I'm trying to remember, I think the width with the R4's is 62". Suggestions welcome...

We can ship a Grey in color, 72 inch Tarter Brand, made in the USA, with Gear Drive and slip clutch for $1793 to any business that is in your zip code that has 8-5 hours and offload capabilities. Ken Sweet, Sweet Farm Equipment LLC., Munfordville, Ky.

Attachments

• RTGR5.jpg
    RTGR5.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 165
   / Tiller Question #5  
I would be more worried about the HP to drive a 72" tiller.

My Bobcat 60" tiller covers the tracks on my CT230 w/ Ind tires. If I till deep and/or break ground that is alot of tiller.

/ Tiller Question #6  
I think you would be plenty happy with the 60". I just bought the KK from TSC just a few weeks ago for $1199. It was $100 off the regular price. Just FYI, the guy told me that the 72" was only $1399 but it was not on sale at the time. $1850 sounds really high.

I have the r4's on my 230 and you can not tell where the tires have been while tilling and it has plenty of power to run the 60". I can't really say how the power would be on a 72".

/ Tiller Question #7  
I ran my 5.5' tiller on my L4350 until I got my B7800. I found that the tiller actually tills deeper on the B7800 because the depth guages on the tiller don't run in the wheel tracks on the B7800. At times I miss the xtra HP that the L4350 has but so far I am very pleased. The tiller just barely covered the tracks for the L. Something to think about.

/ Tiller Question #8  
I tilled some new ground with my 60" KK this weekend and noticed that it did pull the engine down a bit. This was tilling at full depth, 6"-7".

I wonder if the 72" might be a little too much. Of course, you could always till the first pass with a depth that was not as deep and then make a second pass at full depth.

/ Tiller Question #9  
As I mentioned above...my 60" covers the tracks and tills at a good pace. I think 72" would be counter-productive. I can cover more ground making a few extra passes vs. chewing really slow with a wider tiller.

/ Tiller Question
Thanks for all the responses. Went to TSC today and purchased a KK 60" tiller. It's going to be a couple of weeks however since they where out of stock... A SPECIAL BIG THANKS to galaxie428, thanks to his input I was able to get (what I think) a very good deal.. So good in fact I was able to get a 5' rotary cutter as well. I got both for less than the (local) normal price of the 72" tiller alone. I'll post later with how it and the cutter do.. Thanks again..