First Tractor Repair

/ First Tractor Repair #1  

Grand_Pooba

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230 & John Deere X324
I have to make my first tractor all be it a minor one. I bent the bucket level indicator. I hooked it on tree limb while moving some rocks. Since I had my camera out I took some pictures of my tractor mods so far. I added two bucket hooks which makes moving big rocks that won't fit in the buck much easier. I also replaced the wimppy plastic tool box that the tractor came with. I painted up an old craftsman tool box and mounted it in the same holes that held the old one in place. I also removed the manual box from the back of the seat so I could put the seat back all the way without hitting the new toolbox. I gave it a new home on the wall of my shed. I don't do much reading while I'm driving anyways.:)

Attachments

• 0000 - bend bucket rod.jpg
    0000 - bend bucket rod.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 242
  • 0000 - tool box.jpg
    0000 - tool box.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 0000 - hook closeup.jpg
    0000 - hook closeup.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 0000 - manual holder.jpg
    0000 - manual holder.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 230
   / First Tractor Repair #2  
Ahhh yes the personal touches,good sign tractor we be part of the family for many years to come. :)

When you place steering knob on steering wheel becomes seal deal...your married/become one w/tractor they say.;)

/ First Tractor Repair #3  
Me likies.......
Where did you get the hooks? I was thinking about that today and I like those.
My bucket has brackets on each end ( I think for a grapple) and I was gonna try using them, but I like yours better

:thumbsup:

/ First Tractor Repair
I ordered the hooks from AW direct. hooks It was about $20 bucks with shipping for the two hooks. I could not find them locally. I had a welder at my work weld them onto 1/4" plates and then I drilled and mounted with 5/16 grade 8 bolts. I mounted them as close to the front "tube" as possible. I like these hooks better than the open tow hooks because I can just slip the chain in at any point. They work with both 5/16 and 3/8 chain.
I also got my bucket level indicator bent back straight and it is working fine. I was surprised that the hardware for the loader was all english (I was expecting metric) but I remembered the loader in made in the USA.

/ First Tractor Repair #5  
I have to make my first tractor all be it a minor one. I bent the bucket level indicator. I hooked it on tree limb while moving some rocks. Since I had my camera out I took some pictures of my tractor mods so far. I added two bucket hooks which makes moving big rocks that won't fit in the buck much easier. I also replaced the wimppy plastic tool box that the tractor came with. I painted up an old craftsman tool box and mounted it in the same holes that held the old one in place. I also removed the manual box from the back of the seat so I could put the seat back all the way without hitting the new toolbox. I gave it a new home on the wall of my shed. I don't do much reading while I'm driving anyways.:)
I noticed your user name...see my thread: 2B1 ask1...give us a little snippet.

/ First Tractor Repair
"Grand Pooba" is what all the other dads called me when I was Cubmaster of my son's pack. The name came from the leader of the water buffalo lodge that Fred Flintstone belonged to. I'm not part of the "brotherhood".

/ First Tractor Repair #7  
"Grand Pooba" is what all the other dads called me when I was Cubmaster of my son's pack. The name came from the leader of the water buffalo lodge that Fred Flintstone belonged to. I'm not part of the "brotherhood".
Ah, the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo!

/ First Tractor Repair #8  

I was at Lowes today, and as usual I was thinking about my new tractor ( I think she has replaced my lusting for women) anyways, I was thinking about your post, and went and found they had a $20 dollar tool box like yours, only with a hip roof top, so I bought it and will be mounting it this weekend
:D

Oh and I think she will be cheaper upkeep than the women I have known......