Loader bobtach

/ bobtach #1  

willyc

is the bobtach worth the extra $500. I don't see were I would use it.

/ bobtach #2  
From several posts I have read, it sounds like taking a loader bucket on and off the loader arms is a pita, and I plan on building my own bobtach fork attachment using old fork lift forks, so I can take the bucket off and be able to put that right on it

/ bobtach #3  

I think bobtach is what Bobcat calls its quick attach on the loader arms. I guess you have to decide what other than the bucket will be used on the loader arms and if you want to play with the four pins to make a change. The bobtach style is fast if you are going to be switching attachments very much. If you do get other attachments, they will need the proper pin spacing mounts to match your fel arms. The bobtach should be the standard size and will accept anything with the bobtach/quick attach receiver mountings. Some manufactures charge extra for size specific flanges for the four pin style mount placed on an attachment. And sometimes you can borrow a friends attachment if it and you both have the bobtach style. If I was going to buy a new tractor again, I'd probably get it to make switching easier and faster.

/ bobtach #4  
I would not be without the Quick attach system for my tractor. It makes the tractor so much more versatile. I have a front platform, a grapple, Pallet Forks, Skid steer x 3ph adapter (so I can put any non pto implement on the front). I can take the grapple off and put the bucket on in less than 2 minutes. I would recommend the quick attach system.

/ bobtach #5  
If you are really confident you will never want any other front attachments or desire to remove the front bucket (mowing ect) then I wouldn't get it. For me it is essential. I have phd, pallet forks, grapple forks, trailer mover ect. Nice to mow grass and just remove the bucket to lessen the weight and avoid hitting something. Lot faster to remove bucket rather than the whole loader.

/ bobtach #6  
That and a pair of forks are the best money you'll spend on your tractor. You'll be making one of it's most useful attachments (loader) more versatile.

Guy at work was telling me this morning how his neighbor just accidentally busted his wife's foot and hand, moving a railroad tie they had chained onto the bucket. Other than feeling bad for her, we both commented how much easier that stuff was with forks. With forks you wouldn't really even need to leave the cab to pick long items up. Quick attach makes it easy.

Joe

/ bobtach #7  
Yes, it is. It's a skid steer quick attach. I have it on my CT235 and it's great for swapping buckets, forks, etc.

/ bobtach
Looks like the bobtach may come in handy down the road. Next question I read the thread about the 225 being underpowered. Is it that bad or do I need to go to the 230 or 235 each one is about $1000 jump. I only mow 3 or 4 acres I really want the tractor for the fel Some grading ,snow and brushing etc.

/ bobtach #9  
like the other 25 posts I have seen in TBN

have you ever wished you had less power in anything, I have the 235 and I am happy with it

/ bobtach #10  
First off, bobtach is essential! I just got a pair of forks and now I can move just about anything..Not to mention the forks are also a great digging instrument. I do some landscaping and the fork when placed together can dig a great hole, not to mention remove shrubs and small trees while keeping the rootball intact. Also it's nice to be able to remove the bucket without removing the whole fel for mowing. Secondly, I have the 25 hp version of the 225, do I wish I had more power..Of course I do! But on the other hand the 225 gets the job done. I have not been in a situation yet where having more hp was the difference between finishing a job or not. When my tractor starts to bog down, I just have to slow down, or go to low range. Believe me when I tell you that I have put this little tractor in some tough situations. For example: mowing a privet hedge with a 5' howse bushhog. I had to knock it down with the bucket in front of me. If you are familiar with privet you know that was a pretty good workout, Also breaking ground In georgia clay for food plots was a good workout. With a bigger tractor I could have moved a little faster, but like I said, it got the job done. If you were like I was and on a budget (paid cash and didnt have extra for engine upgrade), the 225 Is a good tractor for the money.