New CT235 Owner

/ New CT235 Owner #1  

beltfed

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Hooray for me. :)

I finally have a real tractor, no more Iseki tractor I was too big to sit on. Plus no more 2wd and grinding gears. Lol, when they dropped off the 235, they couldn't put the Iseki in gear. I had to drive it up the ramp for them.

I received the 7TL loader, filled R4 tires, 68" bucket even though I asked for 60" and bob-tach. I've already nailed a few trees with the bucket while navigating around them.

I asked for the bucket level and didn't receive it. I asked for slow moving emblem and didn't receive it. I asked for rear work lights and didn't receive it. Aside from that I got a pretty good price with trade-in and "free" loader. The bill when I paid didn't have these on there even though I specifically asked for them when emailing/talking to the salesman. I believe it is 2009 model when the salesman said 2010. Not that I care really... on to my questions.

Can you buy a bucket level indicator and mount it yourself? I don't weld but I can drill if needed.

I'll buy a slow moving emblem and mount, no problem there and probably mount a tool box like I've seen on another thread.

I'll probably buy and mount my own rear lights but I have time since I'll probably only use them in the winter plowing and being that I just bought this shiny new tractor it won't snow ever in Northern VA again.

I put on a 5' king cutter rear blade that I had on the Iseki and used it for awhile moving gravel on my hill. It sure is nice to be able to drag gravel UPHILL. :D I'll be purchasing a SO-6 Swinging Offset Tractor Scrape Blade 72" soon and probably the front blade for snow too.

I'll have to take photos soon and post them.

/ New CT235 Owner #2  
the bucket leveler is a bolt on, I didnt pay for it, it was on my tractor though when I got it I would say something to the dealer about all the missing things sounds like you will have a **** of a survey to fill out when you recieve yours

oh and conrats, that is the tractor I have and I think I am in love with it

:D

/ New CT235 Owner #3  
Yeah that doesnt seem like good business, missing items and wrong model year:confused:

I know its great to get a new tractor but after that wears off you will not be happy because of the dealers actions. Give him a chance to make it right and hopefully he does.

BTW Congrats on the new Bobcat have fun and work smart not hard!!

/ New CT235 Owner #4  
since you just got a 235 does 16400 before tax sound in the ballpark. fel no filled tires.

/ New CT235 Owner #5  
Mine is a 2009, bought 3 weeks ago, and paid 15,500 plus taxes for a plain tractor, no options other than FEL, then paid $180 for the filled tires with rimguard, well worth the money

/ New CT235 Owner
Salesman said 15.9 out the door. That does include the free FEL and a 2k trade-in. When I went into pay, they had 21,400 on the bill. What you talking about willis came to mind. They called him up since he was out and he agreed 15.9 out the door. After a bit of searching they found the paperwork. I could have probably done a bit better but I was satisfied at that time. I will still ask about the other options I wished for and why they weren't included.

Debating on removing the big red stickers on both sides saying sold and serviced by Bobcat of Northern VA.

main.php

main.php

5.99 for the toolbox at Home Depot.
main.php

/ New CT235 Owner #7  
Nice tractor. Congrats.

As for the "year", it is my understanding, and I could have this wrong, but I've heard it said that tractors are called '09 or '10 based on when the retail sale went through, not the date of manufacture?

/ New CT235 Owner #8  
my sales invoice was March 23 1010, and it was listed on the invoice as a 2009 CT235 and 2010 FEL because they had to order it in, as the tractor did not come with a FEL when I looked at it

/ New CT235 Owner #10  
I suggest a 7' scraper blade for that tractor. It covers your tracks better when angled and the tractor will not have any trouble pulling or pushing.